Hollow Head Had Hidden Hoard. Hurrah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
As displacement activity for the desk work I should've tackled, I thought "Why don't I get that bronze bust down from the shelf and clean it up, wipe down a book or two, make things ship-shape before I set sail on the real work?"
So I did.
"Nice work this. She should do more of these. I wonder if anyone I know needs their head modelling in bronze?"
"Hang on a minute.... Where did all those rolled-up ten pound notes come from?"

My partner, the sculptor and portrait artist who made the bust, isn't home yet. She doesn't yet know I found £450 I stuffed in that head about four years ago "for a rainy day".

Hive mind, you have one hour to choose. Will it be the secondhand industrial sewing machine? The Cafe du Cycliste outfit? Blow it all on dinner with friends? Stick it back in the head and hope I'm dusting when we next clean those shelves?

You now have fifty-four minutes.

midlife

Guru
Are they legal tender?

MikeG

Guru
Tell your partner that you sold the bust to the milkman for £100, which you dutifully hand over to her. Careful not to pat your back pocket gleefully at any stage.

OP
OP
Randomnerd

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Only remains to decide whether it will be a Juki or a Bernina, or a Singer. Anyone got any suggestions - mostly for bag-making with canvas, making the odd dress / shirt / jacket.

Top Bottom