holy cow...Bkool woes come good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roleur1

1st cat roadie back in the day
Hello all.....I asked to join the forum straight after getting a Bkool classic - brand new from I-ride in the middle of November 15. I posted on here but all was not well - resistance unit poorly performing, over or under resisting - not good. Trying to use it but eye popping effort required and couldn't get out of 36 x 17 whilst maintaining 30kph on the downhill sections, sweating blood after 10 minutes or going up alp d heuz faster than Chris Froome....W / KG in double figures....superhuman me....

Loads of emails back to Spain for tech help, stressy emails to the warranty guy at i ride, Rob, & eventually led to an online teamviewer session carried out by David, techie at Bkool, 23.12.15. magnets not reacting to inputs..its never going to work.

That was after I had tried two different laptops running W7, then bought a new laptop running W10 - so frustration building by the day. Over xmas Bkool Spain promised twice to pick up the trainer and get it sorted at the Barcelona facility..didn't happen as they seemed unable to actually get it collected. Frustration still building....sitting in a box in the garage.....old tacx trianer road from 20 yrs ago still in service despite the lollipop sticks and gaffa tape holding it together.

So I eventually threw a paddy and sent it back to Rob at I-ride, who was calm over the numerous emails coming his way and didn't rise to my mounting frustration. Well today....guess whats turned up? My trainer with a new pro resistance unit attached.
Happy days...back on lline! Just given it a go. first proper session since I have had it - just done one of the league january rides. its come hot on the heels of my own 'crimbo tour', an unbroken daily 'stage' of either turbo or road riding - every day since Jan 1st. My legs are sore, ilio bands are tight and hip flexors taught despite some heavy duty stretching. Lets just say ten minutes is a long way.....see you at the chain gang. Can you form echelons on Bkools simulator?

Many thanks to Rob at i-ride. & its all come out in the wash thankfully.

Mark

Top Bottom