Home D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just a heads up... the Workzone Ultrasonic Distance Measurer from Aldi is absolutely inaccurate.

6a3a13b475262.jpg


It literally puts random numbers on the display; 0.63, 1.80, 0.8... all in a kitchen just over 3m wide!
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
installed 2 tube heaters downstairs as the kitchen and downstairs toilet gets cold compared to the rest of the house as they are out of direct sunlight most of the day .
The hardest part was wiring the extension plug to the lead that was already running though the toilet as the old owner had run a long extension lead to the outside which i trimmed down and filled the hole to the exterior as i was on a step ladder trying to balance , hold the wire , hold the cable and join it altogether .
I only opted for 1 foot version and they do pump out plenty of heat and as i went for a well known brand it has a thermostat and cut outs .
I have also put the bed , vanity unit and moved some boxes back into the loft extension .
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
installed 2 tube heaters downstairs as the kitchen and downstairs toilet gets cold compared to the rest of the house as they are out of direct sunlight most of the day .
The hardest part was wiring the extension plug to the lead that was already running though the toilet as the old owner had run a long extension lead to the outside which i trimmed down and filled the hole to the exterior as i was on a step ladder trying to balance , hold the wire , hold the cable and join it altogether .
I only opted for 1 foot version and they do pump out plenty of heat and as i went for a well known brand it has a thermostat and cut outs .
I have also put the bed , vanity unit and moved some boxes back into the loft extension .

I have one in the garage. Did work even in a draughty garage. Low wattage. I have an old dehumidifier in there now as we have a couple of tents that need to be dry and it protects the old steel bikes from damp.
 
Top Bottom