Home delivered meals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My auntie (age 97) has Wiltshire Foods which she loves.
We got flier from Oakhouse......7 meals (of their choice) with 50% off......so we gave it a try.
Not had one yet but they look like they need veg/potato adding.
May try one later.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Give it a go. We tried to get some delivered for MIL and FIL but they went mad with us, not eating that muck, when presented with vegetables ! Back to eating rubbish.

Other option is the fresh ready meals from the super markets if you aren't upto cooking (which you can freeze). A mate of mine sometimes has the meal boxes delivered - all the ingredients to make a week's worth of fresh meals, and the recipes - he lives alone though in Belgium, but it's the same companies as here - you've got to cook them from scratch though.

tom73

Guru
My auntie (age 97) has Wiltshire Foods which she loves.
We got flier from Oakhouse......7 meals (of their choice) with 50% off......so we gave it a try.
Not had one yet but they look like they need veg/potato adding.
May try one later.

Try them nothing lose they do tend to get good reports , if you need to add a bit more veg it's not too much work.
You could even get a bag of mixed frozen veg as a quick ready at hand option for extra veg. Or get a few tins of veg in either are quick and cut down on waste.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My brother has them sometimes. He is capable of cooking and often does but he is on his own and finds it not worth cooking in a big oven and or hob for just for 1 person, when he can just shove it in the microwave. They are not huge meals, but there is enough and he says they are fine. He quite enjoys them.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Try them nothing lose they do tend to get good reports , if you need to add a bit more veg it's not too much work.
You could even get a bag of mixed frozen veg as a quick ready at hand option for extra veg. Or get a few tins of veg in either are quick and cut down on waste.

Yep.....done that.
I am, at the moment, into fresh green beans and tender stem brocoli which only take 6 minutes in a pan.

mustang1

Guru
We like the
https://www.cookfood.net/
Range of frozen foods.

Haven't used their home delivery as we pass one of their shops on a regular basis and like to browse their freezers before selecting.

Off topic: this reminds me of the days when I used to browse the local dvd/VHS rental place. The idea of going there to peruse the selection was great compared to doing stuff online these.

Ok, back to the food thing....

I always head for the Wilshire Foods stall at the shows we attend, but I dont think I would like to have it everyday. Its fine for people who are shocked by garlick.

presta

Guru
I've looked at these sort of things a few times when people have mentioned them, and come to the same conclusion: they're eyewateringly expensive.

I just Googled Oakhouse, and at the top of the page for example was this Cottage pie: it's £13.21 per 1000kcal (£4.90 for 371kcals). Compare that with my own cottage pie recipe: £1.99/1000kcal (£1.56 for 783kcals), and £1.20/1000kcals for my diet overall. That's 6.5 times the price, which is comparable with the recipe kits I priced at five times the cost last time I looked at this sort of stuff. It also has three times the salt, twice the sugar 50% more fat, and a fraction of the veg.

They're fine if you want/need convenience at any price I suppose.

Over the Ord

I’ve been using Wiltshire Farm foods for 2 months and yes there expensive compared to cooking from scratch, but as I have a physical eating disorder order I use their extra tender and mini meals (more expense) I’m pleased with what I’ve tried.
Though long term we will probably stop them and start using a slow cooker.

Top Bottom