Home furnishings tips... (note to self)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No 1. Get Mrs ao's approval on the rug before buying it...

No. 2 Remember that 'approval' does not mean - 'I was thinking about getting one of these...from this place, what do you reckon'

No 3. Don't let the children get too comfortable on it, before Mrs ao has seen it.

No 4 Let Mrs ao choose the rug next time.

No 5 Stick to digging up Lilac shrub/tree roots with a grubbing mattock. :becool:

:biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Gosh you're brave Andy!

In our house I pretty much let Mrs FF have free rein on what furniture etc...I'll proffer an opinion from time to time but she chooses.
Then....
What happens later is that I'll lower my guard and mention some aspect of say, the sofa, like "but was it really a good idea to buy an impractical silk sofa when about to embark upon raising 3 children"...or, more recently the wisdom of buying expensive cream coloured carpet for our teenage daughters bedrooms :becool: and then all hell is let loose...but you liked that sofa...(actually, no. I tried to state my case at the time but...) and so it goes on.

So, she chooses the stuff, it's not usually my taste or I deem it impractical and I try to bite my tongue when the need arises.:biggrin::wacko:

OP
OP
andyoxon

andyoxon

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Gosh you're brave Andy!

In our house I pretty much let Mrs FF have free rein on what furniture etc...I'll proffer an opinion from time to time but she chooses.
Then....
What happens later is that I'll lower my guard and mention some aspect of say, the sofa, like "but was it really a good idea to buy an impractical silk sofa when about to embark upon raising 3 children"...or, more recently the wisdom of buying expensive cream coloured carpet for our teenage daughters bedrooms :cry: and then all hell is let loose...but you liked that sofa...(actually, no. I tried to state my case at the time but...) and so it goes on.

So, she chooses the stuff, it's not usually my taste or I deem it impractical and I try to bite my tongue when the need arises.:wacko::wacko:

I have just been given the go ahead to get a rug doctor...;)
... to clean the carpets :smile:

Top Bottom