Home gym / Multigym

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Any multi gym/home gym is a total waste of money.

Just sign up to a gym

Agree with this and belive the OP has it wrong, free weights are far better than a multi-gym which fixes your body into unnatural positions whilst doing unnatural stuff. I am 56 and in the best shape of my life, hardly every use gym machines

I often think about buying some weights and a bench and putting them in the garage or cellar, but the gym costs me just £10 per month and provides a cycle ride to it and a visiting purpose.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Agree with this and belive the OP has it wrong, free weights are far better than a multi-gym which fixes your body into unnatural positions whilst doing unnatural stuff. I am 56 and in the best shape of my life, hardly every use gym machines

I often think about buying some weights and a bench and putting them in the garage or cellar, but the gym costs me just £10 per month and provides a cycle ride to it and a visiting purpose.
Isolation equipment can have a place, but I for the most part find that the one area of adjustment (seat height) isn't overly useful to me.

Ultimately, free weight whichever form that takes between barbells and med balls - involves more muscle groups

keithmac

Guru
I did free weights for years at home, really enjoyed it. Then kids came along and spare time left!.

Still got all the kit, just need to make some room at some point in the so called "workshop".

Any exercise is better than none so if you're set on a machine instead go for it.

I did Stronglifts 5x5.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I did free weights for years at home, really enjoyed it. Then kids came along and spare time left!.

Still got all the kit, just need to make some room at some point in the so called "workshop".

Any exercise is better than none so if you're set on a machine instead go for it.

I did Stronglifts 5x5.
Which is great 👍

Top Bottom