Homemade chips...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
You too could have a body like mine;)

domtyler

Über Member
A weekly event in our house, can't be beaten really. Especially accompanied by a lovely fat, juicy steak! :ohmy: You can also try putting one sweet potato or another root veg in among the normal spuds for a nice bit of variety for a change.

col

Legendary Member
We love them too,but we decided to throw out the deep fryer,as an aid to losing some weight,it didnt work:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
col said:
We love them too,but we decided to throw out the deep fryer,as an aid to losing some weight,it didnt work:biggrin:

Home made chips can help weight loss as part of a calorie controlled diet. :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We still have our fryer... don't think it's been used for a month... gosh they are nice... dad's chunky chips.... but if you make your own you only have maybe 10 chips, all big and fat, so actually quite healthy..... nice treat though !!!!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Chips, steak, mushrooms, onions, tomato and garden peas....the traditional steak dinner :smile:

I eat chipshop chips once a week with a kebab...maybe a McDonalds once a month, but apart from that....its been ages since i cleaned the deep fat frier..and you'll notice its ME that cleans it :ohmy:....bloomin awful job. SWMBO ...well...must be obeyed :biggrin::biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
gbb said:
Chips, steak, mushrooms, onions, tomato and garden peas....the traditional steak dinner :biggrin:

I eat chipshop chips once a week with a kebab...maybe a McDonalds once a month, but apart from that....its been ages since i cleaned the deep fat frier..and you'll notice its ME that cleans it :smile:....bloomin awful job. SWMBO ...well...must be obeyed :biggrin::biggrin:

You're meant to clean them? :biggrin::ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
Have you had chip pan eggs? :ohmy::tongue::tongue:

Cook your chips and then crack an egg into the fryer. It'll only take a couple of minutes if that long to cook and it's the best tasting fried egg I've ever had. It's also handy for cleaning the crispy bits out of the fryer.

I haven't had a fryer since I lived with my mum and dad and this was a rare treat.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Haven't got a fryer, I chip and parboil 'em, shake in a bit of oil and cook them in a hot oven. More like chip-shaped roast potatoes I guess. Nice tho'.

Noodley

longers said:
Have you had chip pan eggs? :smile::tongue::tongue:

Cook your chips and then crack an egg into the fryer. It'll only take a couple of minutes if that long to cook and it's the best tasting fried egg I've ever had. It's also handy for cleaning the crispy bits out of the fryer.

I haven't had a fryer since I lived with my mum and dad and this was a rare treat.

You trying to get nominated as an honourary Scotsman longers? :biggrin: Next you'll be telling us Mars Bars are good in the deep fryer :ohmy:

Noodley

fossyant said:
... dad's chunky chips....

I'll not lower myself to the obvious smutty potential of that one :ohmy:

It was always my dad who did the chunky chips as well. Always twice fried, always crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Not sure how he did it but there was always nice small extra crispy bits on every chip - maybe he parboiled them and bashed them up abit in the pan before the frying? I'll ask him next time I see him. My mouth is watering thinking about them :smile::tongue:

Top Bottom