Honest people ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
A day or two before lockdown these two kiddies bikes appeared opposite my home and have been there ever since. I wonder if people are becoming more honest because of the current pandemic

Maybe you have developed a local reputation and the neighbours/police have laid a sting operation.

D

Deleted member 26715

I know around our way the "scrap merchants" haven't been around in their flatbed transits

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't think they are. In my area during the first week of lockdown there was a spate of burglaries. Reports of fly tipping have increased. Perhaps there's less incentive for scrotes to nick stuff at the moment as things like bikes are more difficult to shift on? Or maybe your area just doesn't contain any active thieves at the moment.

D

Deleted member 26715

Scrap prices are at a ridiculously low rate at the moment, it's unlikely that return on a full flatbed is worth the effort & diesel cost collecting it all together, but I am surprised some kids haven't rode/walked off with them

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I know around our way the "scrap merchants" haven't been around in their flatbed transits
Same. Twigged one yesterday rolling past the house; which led me to knocking on the neighbour's door for the first time in three years to suggest (from a suitable distance) that they move their "work in progress" bike from the front garden where it's been left for the past 3-4 nights, since it might not be there in the morning!

DSK

No chance. Society and morals have only gotten worse over the year and sadly will only continue to go in that direction. Decent, honest people will become increasingly become few and far between.

Covid-19 has seen an increase in burglaries in our area, albeit more petty theft, theft from cars by copying the key signal, sheds broken into etc. So sounds like scum bags know homes are generally occupied, so what ever they can do quickly with no noise etc.

At the start of Covid-19 we fitted security cameras, around the house and a video doorbell as a deterrent.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Prices of class A drugs have soared because there aren't enough mules flying into the UK. So your average junkie needs to thieve a lot more to fund his/her habit.

Top Bottom