hope pro 2 rear hub explosion???!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
has anybody ever had a hope pro 2 mtb rear hub split across its length? mine just went bang on an uphill in granny ring. looked at it and it haas split completely across from spoke hole to spoke hole. it also has a few little cracks as well. its not under warranty but do you think hope will feel guilty and give a replacement hub?

02GF74

Über Member
dunno - but worth letting them know - they should at the very least offer a little bit of cash as if they were smart, they wouuld be interested in failed components to ensure that they make stuff tht does not breeak.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Always worth an email and asking what they think. Be polite, ask about obtaining (buying) a new one.....they may well want it back to test. You never know......

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
apparently on the other forum, there are loads that have done it. anyway like you say a phone call won't hurt. i have always found hope after care service to be top notch.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Send it back to Hope and they will send you a replacement, I'm sure of it. They take great pride in their products.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
sorry posted update else where. i rang hope they said to get the wheel to them. i did, they would have had it ready in one hour but i picked it up the day after. brand new hub and machine built wheel and new rim tape. they didn't even ask me if i had it from new or second hand. hope service wins again. so i now have nice nice new hub, extremely true and strong wheel...bonus

bauldbairn

MajorMantra said:
Impressive!

+1 , Very! :birthday:

GilesM

Legendary Member
That is really impressive customer service, there can't be too many other companies around that would behave in the same way.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Top stuff, and thanks for the update :birthday:

I had similar, very impressive service from them albeit on a smaller scale when I lost the back section to my Hope vision 1.
They immediately mailed a replacement to me, FOC, by 1st class post.

moolarb

It might be good service but doesn't it concern you that these expensive hubs are exploding? I'd rather they got it right first time.

Top Bottom