Hope Technology Ltd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought a Hope Vision 1 front light about four years ago. It never let me down, but a couple of months ago I over-tightened the cam bar fixing clamp and split the plastic slot. Entirely my fault for being in a hurry. I phoned Hope and said that I wanted to buy a replacement. No it wasn't under warranty.... was four years old....and I broke it by being stupid.

"We can replace under warranty"
"I'm quite prepared to pay for it and the postage too"
" I think we can replace it under warranty..."

A new bar clamp flopped through the letter box 48 hours later. I feel the need to spread the word. Buy their stuff. I will.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've heard a lot of similar reports about Hope. That's the way to run a business.

I got similar service from Endura who sent me a new jacket when the zip went on my old one a year out of warranty. They told me that they'd had a batch of faulty zips the year that I bought mine so they would replace any jackets that failed, still under warranty or not!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Like Colin, another good report to add to others I've had. My V1 is going strong after four years of regular all-nighters...

U

User482

My experience is brilliant customer service but pretty average reliability from their products.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've visited the Hope factory and if you saw the numbers of little tiny bits they have lined up in their assembly areas you'd understand why they have such a good reputation for popping small spares in Jiffy envelopes for people. It's really no skin off their noses but it goes a long way to creating good karma.

Christopher

Über Member
Apart from Hope's customer service, do peeps think the Vision 1 is worth getting? I have some bike lights but they aren't quite bright enough for unlit shaded tracks and want something better. NAd I don't want a super-powerful thing off fleabay but a reliable light that takes batteries...

They've changed the V1 a bit now haven't they? I saw one in my lbs yesterday and it looks a wee bit different, possibly more streamlined?

Christopher

Über Member
I have now bought one in harlot red :becool: . It is quite small! Will be using it tonight after t'club night and if I am not 300% satisified with it I shall whinge endlessly about it @ianrauk as it'll be all his fault (rule 1 of being dumb - blame someone else).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I run two Hope 1's and they have been faultless for over 4 years. Had one that failed a switch very early on, Wiggle replaced, but Hope replied to an email 'it won't happen again' - i.e. it's rare for them to fail.

I too enquired about getting some more of the rubber grippers for the clamp. No problem, let us have your address - FOC !

The new model is slightly brighter and has the battery warning now.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've just sent a V1 off to them with a faulty switch.
I'd e-mailed them to explain the problem and ask if anything could be done as, at around three years old, it's long past any warranty period - and received this straight back in return:
Sorry to hear you have an issue with your light. From your description it sounds as though moisture has entered the light and is causing it to malfunction. If you would like to send it to us we will repair it for you as a warranty. Please could you fill out the attached form and send it with the light.
T'is happy I am.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've just sent a V1 off to them with a faulty switch.
I'd e-mailed them to explain the problem and ask if anything could be done as, at around three years old, it's long past any warranty period - and received this straight back in return:
Sorry to hear you have an issue with your light. From your description it sounds as though moisture has entered the light and is causing it to malfunction. If you would like to send it to us we will repair it for you as a warranty. Please could you fill out the attached form and send it with the light.
T'is happy I am.

Er... how quick did they get back to me?
FedEx man at the door this morning with a fully repaired and operational light.

Utterly fantastic.
(even if I was hoping it was unrepairable and they'd send me a new style one)

Davidc

Guru
I bought one second hand*.

Phoned Hope, told them it was second hand and asked for a price for the little rubber gripping inserts and the rubber seal for the battery cover.

They took my address and next morning all the bits arrived 1st class, FOC.

OK, the real cost to them was the postage plus a few pennies, but the service means I'll always be confident going back to them.

As for function: The light is 3 years old (2 with me), has been totally reliable, and as I find it more than adequate for all my needs I have no intention of replacing it. If at any time it gets broken/ nicked/ etc. I'll probably buy another without even looking at the alternatives.

My only gripe is the way it switches off without warning when the battery gets low. Always have to have another light running with it.

*After reading excellent reports on here from many users including ianrauk and Marinyork

Top Bottom