Hopi ear Candles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
Mrs R reckons i should use these,any one tried these?? mumbo jumbo?see the dscription below.

Alternative method of treating irritation in the ears, build up of ear wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and flu. Excellent form of relaxation, stress relief and an alternative to Ear Syringing. We have tried them, and they do work. Hopi Ear Candles have been traditionally used for the treatment of: -Build up of Ear Wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and Flu, Alternative to Ear Syringing, Helps with Stress.

not sure i fancy a lighting something thats sticking out my ear!!!!:smile::biggrin:

TVC

Someone was telling me about these at work the other day, I was convinced he was pulling my plonker until I got home and googled it.

wafflycat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_candling

"Ear candling, also called ear coning or thermal-auricular therapy, is an alternative medicine practice claimed to improve general health and well-being by lighting one end of a hollow candle and placing the other end in the ear canal. According to medical researchers, it is both dangerous and ineffective.[2] Claims that the practice removes earwax are highly controversial. The claim by one manufacturer that ear candles originated with the Hopi tribe has also been disproven.[3] "

"Although Biosun, a manufacturer of ear candles, refers to them as "Hopi" ear candles, there is no such treatment within traditional Hopi healing practices. Vanessa Charles, public relations officer for the Hopi Tribal Council, has stated that ear candling "is not and has never been a practice conducted by the Hopi tribe or the Hopi people."[17] The Hopi tribe has repeatedly asked Biosun, the manufacturer of 'Hopi Ear Candles' to stop using the Hopi name.[3] Biosun has not complied with this request and continues to claim that ear candles originated within the Hopi tribe.[18] "

Greedo

I have had it done. Got a mate of ours into all that stuff. Didn't really remove any wax from my ear but Mrs Greedo has her ears syringed every couple of years as she gets a build up of wax and hers was disgusting inside when you ripped the bit that is left open.

It was really relaxing though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greedo said:
I have had it done. Got a mate of ours into all that stuff. Didn't really remove any wax from my ear but Mrs Greedo has her ears syringed every couple of years as she gets a build up of wax and hers was disgusting inside when you ripped the bit that is left open.

It was really relaxing though.

If I was Mrs Greedo I'd be packing my ears with wax:evil:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Greedo said:
Mrs Greedo has her ears syringed every couple of years as she gets a build up of wax and hers was disgusting inside when you ripped the bit that is left open.

Seriously, you should read 'Bad Science' (which this Hopi candles malarkey definitely is) and you'll come to understand that the build up of the disgusting stuff inside has most assuredly NOT come out of her ears!

Top Bottom