Horrific Hit and Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I must admit - I hit a dog once and didn't stop - mainly because he was attacking me and I didn't want him to finish the job

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've seen bikes knock off wing mirrors, sometimes on purpose, seen them hit pedestrians and either carry on or remount and ride off

The odd one knocks a ped over on the pavement and legs it, that always makes the paper naturally
So there are self-driving bicycles already then? Never thought I'd see those in my lifetime. :whistle:

It is common courtesy and humanity if nothing else to assist others who are injured or hurt

When you have caused that injury then the moral obligation is even greater

Unfortunately (as I understand it) there is no legal duty to go to someone's aid and assist them

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Interesting that the driver changes mind about destination after the incident, and goes right instead of straight on. Frankly I'm astounded by those who seek to attribute fault to the cyclist.

Yes I'm a cyclist, but also I drive around 30k miles a year. Traffic lights, whatever, totally irrelevant. The cyclist was right in front of the car, the driver should have swerved or braked. They were clearly not looking or on phone.

The driving away compounds the offence.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I'm not a big fan of cyclists who ride like 'a$$les' and give cyclists a bad name actually

Do drivers get a bad name due to drink drivers, uninsured drivers, aggressive drivers? Are drivers all criminals? Loads of criminals drive cars. What about scooter riders? Should we assume they are all muggers or criminals (maybe give them the benefit of the doubt if we see them being jacked for their scooter at lights).

Top Bottom