Hosepipes. Are there any experts hereabouts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Look for PVC reinforced hosepipe. Very durable and doesn't kink.

It's similar to the glass windows reinforced by metal wire mesh.
I 'acquired' 30m of that nearly 20 years ago & it's never once kinked :okay: Not easy to wind back up when it's cold though & after all these years it is starting to get a little brittle, A short section broke off last time I used it :sad: Not sure how much it would cost to but, but when this roll dies, I'll certainly look at buying another :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's the middle of June and there isn't a ban on hosepipes, kinked or otherwise? I thought "guess the date for the hosepipe ban" was a national pastime in Englandshire
They're fairly rare. Enforced ones are even rarer. Also, you can attach hosepipes to grey water storage tanks.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
These are all hosepipes. Does that make me an expert?
Untitled-1.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Firefighters - who might know a thing or two about hoses - use collapsible canvas, or something close to it.

Larger diameter, of course, but you might be able to find a suitable size.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No problems with kinking with one of these.. View attachment 414141

But you do have a problem getting water out unless you unravel the whole damn thing.

keithmac

Guru
I'm looking for one that bolts to the wall, doesn't need fully unwinding a the time and doesn't kink..

Any recommendations?.

I have a branded reel bolted to the wall, (can't remember the brand TBH), but the hose is only a cheap jobby.

Never had a problem with it, presumably as it's always coiled and uncoiled properly so doesn't tangle.

I do have a trim the ends back from time to time where the fittings are, but not often enough to be an issue, and I can't imagine this being any different with a more expensive hose as it's where they hose fitting bend onto the reel for storage.

Top Bottom