Hot Air Ballooning- Fantastic!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny, mild evening in Sussex - perfect cycling weather, but in January I bought my other half a balloon flight voucher for his birthday. We get the balloons going over our garden in the summer a lot of the time, and he had often remarked that he'd like to give it a go. At that time they were offering a 25% discount on the second, so I bought one for myself as well. He was quite happy for me to come along on the same day so we did it together, and yesterday was the day.

It was absolutely awesome, so *quiet* (except when they fire the burner)! It was a lot like sailing, although I'm glad to say the basket doesn't go at the angles you get on a sailing boat. It was really something looking out and seeing Alton and Petersfield about a thousand feet below. A second balloon was setting up as we were, so we took off and got to see them follow, and then they landed next to us as we were packing up.

One of the most enjoyable things I've ever done- it ain't cheap but I'd thoroughly recommend it!

Sounds wonderful. They were taking off today from the meadow opposite our house. It was a lovely evening and I would have loved to have gone up. As you say, it's not cheap.;);)

Top Bottom