Hotmail help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
been getting rather a few e mails going into my junk box on my hotmail account , my normal re action is to block them .

But all these say they are being sent from my own e mail account !!

so what is my best cause of action please

upload_2017-7-17_12-10-52.png

Levo-Lon

Guru
I think it's security settings.
You may need to alter the level..
A puter guru will know for sure.

Last edited:
been getting rather a few e mails going into my junk box on my hotmail account , my normal re action is to block them .

But all these say they are being sent from my own e mail account !!

so what is my best cause of action please

View attachment 362697
Do you send email to yourself ever? If not, then just block everything that seems to come from you.

Note, it is trivially easy for a spammer to change the sender on email to anything they like. Getting email that seems to have been sent by you does not mean you have been hacked.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Do you send email to yourself ever? If not, then just block everything that seems to come from you.

Note, it is trivially easy for a spammer to change the sender on email to anything they like. Getting email that seems to have been sent by you does not mean you have been hacked.

yes i do from time to time

If they're going straight into your spam box, then they are being correctly identified. There's no need to do anything further.

good

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Continue letting them go into your junk. If you try and add each junk e-mail address to your blocked list, it eventually reaches a limit (it's either 100 or 200 IIRC). I changed my main account from hotmail to gmail a few months ago because I was getting 30+ e-mails a day. I now use the old hotmail account for new registrations etc and only use the gmail one for things I know aren't going to harvest my address.

Top Bottom