House build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
It's looking stunning

Thank you Ian :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
nice finish on the bathrooms etc. very swish.

I also like the way the basin can double a baby bath when the grandkids are visiting, very useful and saves a lot of bending!

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

It’s always important to get your priorities right … to that end the bikes have been moved and stored in our hall - slightly ahead of finishing the bedrooms and sitting room but the important stuff must be done first ^_^
A4205CE7-06AA-4764-A5C9-14F7416B86E8.jpeg

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

I'm sure that everybody involved knows their stuff, but it amazes me that those panes of glass are strong enough to stand a significant lateral force at the unsupported top corners!

Thank you Colin, the panes are almost 2cm thick and laminated, like you say we have to assume they know their jobs … only time will tell I suppose - I’m more concerned with keeping them clean at the moment :rolleyes:

Usually depends where you hit them. A large blunt wide area blow and they are likely to be ok but hit them in a very concentrated manner like a pin head and they usually shatter. It’s why you see escape hammers with a point on them.

newts

Veteran
Usually depends where you hit them. A large blunt wide area blow and they are likely to be ok but hit them in a very concentrated manner like a pin head and they usually shatter. It’s why you see escape hammers with a point on them.

With laminated you have a plastic interlayer to hold the integrity of the panel if there is a shatter.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

luckily children rarely have sharp pointed escape hammers attached to their heads/ bodies etc. :okay:

Top Bottom