House insurance.. accidental damage to bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My buildings & contents is up for renewal soon.

The AA don't cover my bike for accidental damage whilst I am using it. So I'd be interested to hear of any other insurers who will do so ?

Judging from threads on here there must be some who offer such cover....

Thanks !

PK99

Legendary Member
My buildings & contents is up for renewal soon.

The AA don't cover my bike for accidental damage whilst I am using it. So I'd be interested to hear of any other insurers who will do so ?

Judging from threads on here there must be some who offer such cover....

Thanks !

i've had excellent service from Hiscox - instant payment on receipt of letter of write off from LBS, cash rather than nominated supplier when i requested it. Also no quibbles dealing with a couple of plumbing leaks

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That is (at least partly) because the cover offered is better. In general, you get what you pay for. Our household insurance has recently gone up from about £300 a year to £600 - because I've ditched the bargain-basement policy (under which we were probably under-insured) in favour of something with decent coverage, including cover for all our bikes.

I've just renewed my home insurance with M+S. In addition to the theft cover for my bike they offer accidental damage cover for it on a repair or replace basis.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
my current employers insure bikes (although new for old up tp 2 years then it reverts to market value/wear and tear) my current household insurers churchill cover damage to bikes and accessories (as long as the bike is damaged/stolen with them attached) for a minimal fee. i always ring them and name the bikes etc on the policy so they know what it is and how much it cost me!

Top Bottom