Household Tips NOT to follow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Having done a korma in the micro the smell really lingered.
Mr Google told me white vinegar in water, high temperature for 6 minutes.
It stinks.....far worse than the curry did and I can't be certain yet but I am sure the curry smell is still there.

My normal curries are Tika or Jalfriezi and I have never had this problem. Maybe its the spices in the Korma.

Drago

Legendary Member
Laying the toaster on its side to make cheese on toast.

It is in fact a brilliant wheeze, but when the toaster explodes and your significant other figures out what has been going on you're for the high jump.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Rewaxing your old Belstaff jacket per the manufacturers instructions in the oven. While it works brilliantly, restoring the waterproofing on the jacket to as new levels, the stink of cooking an eight year old motorcycle jacket lingered in the kitchen for weeks afterward, reasserting itself each time the oven was heated up to make dinner.

It would have been smarter to buy a new jacket.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't use a vacuum cleaner on the carpet after your sister has visited with her border terrier... Despite scrubbing the filter on the machine and changing the bag multiple times over a period of 5 years, the house still smells of damp dog every time I vac! :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Don't use a vacuum cleaner on the carpet after your sister has visited with her border terrier... Despite scrubbing the filter on the machine and changing the bag multiple times over a period of 5 years, the house still smells of damp dog every time I vac! :laugh:

This also applies to hoovering up a dropped pot of curry powder... :laugh:

Top Bottom