Hover bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will Spin

Über Member
Will reduce the stalling speed if you ever become airborne....other than that it looks @ing ridiculous.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Canyon's original design brief probably included the line < Annoy @Crackle > :whistle:;)

I like my Canyon, but I'm calling gimmick on those bars. Their replacement integrated bars are expensive anyway (the H11 bars on my Aeroad would set you back over 300 dabs if you needed a new pair) so I dread to think how much they're charging for those.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
If they produced them for a regular 31.8 stem, or even a 1 1/8" steerer, at a sensible price, I'd probably try them out.
If nothing else, it would avoid stem clamp/cable/accessory interference in what's normally a pretty congested area, and there's the possibility that it may prove more comfortable on bad roads.

It would be unlikely to affect whether I bought their bike or some other - there are plenty of things to choose on before you get to the bars.

iandg

Legendary Member
Anyone remember Greg Lemond? Didn't catch on.

LeMond1.jpg

Attachments

• d894d378ae478bd3ec750c336a03d9da.jpg
    d894d378ae478bd3ec750c336a03d9da.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
My first thoughts are that it limits positions on the drops, but then I ride flared drops on gravel because I find them more comfortable than conventional drops and have more control on rough terrain.

Just when you thought bikes couldn't get any uglier, Canyon ups the ante and takes Germanic coolness to new heights of satire, truly breathtaking for all the wrong reasons. It should go nicely with their soon to be released square helmet with integrated aerofoil.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The Canyon bars open up some room for more accessories on the top bar. I don't care for the design in general, because if you want to change bar height, for any reason, you cannot do so.

Top Bottom