was it a success

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

• I dunno

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathan ellis

How was it for you?

We cycled from Ealing with The Ealing CC, after 3/4 of a mile a back door opened on a car and an elderly Gentleman wearing a very dapper Salvation army Blazer et al stated.
"Your all a bloody menace - people like you shouldnt be here"

which was nice

anyway My son managed to cycle all the way around the car free route on his own with his new Isla bike
(hes 6 years old and it was about 8 miles)

so a definate chapeau

A great success. Not much cop as a club ride (we went out of a sense of duty to the cause) but a remarkable achievement when you saw that many kids on bikes. I reckon there were 4,000 to 5,000 under-15s. Think on.....

I did enjoy the whooping and hollering through the underpass, and the sheer array of machines.

i had a good time... decided to get the train there as i was being lazy today. did about 2 laps... i'd just done 1 when someone shouted my name and it was an old friend from the Addiscombe CC, so i crossed over and went the other way again with him.

i didn't get any freebies.

saw loads of children enjoying it... had a good sprint with a teenager on a BMX as i went up southwark bridge to join the route.

can we have it a bit earlier in the year next time? july/august would be better although the weather was good today.

L

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Would there have been an opportunity to do a fast lap, i.e, try and go as fast as possible without stopping the whole way round?

OP
OP
jonathan ellis

jonathan ellis

I'm searching the area of my brain (must be the shatners bassoon area)

for Marcos name on C+, he was on there for some considerable time...

ahh i'll get it by the end of the night

OP
OP
jonathan ellis

jonathan ellis

laurence said:
Romeo

i told him about this place... so he might be here soon.

L

thats the fella

cheers

NickM

Veteran
Yes, it was very well organised (right down to the perfect weather) and the number of small children travelling under their own power, or with help from a parent, was very pleasing. Not many Serious Cyclists compared with the number of People on Bikes, but I reckon that's a good thing, because it indicates the strength in depth of the London bike revival.

So, which city will be first to follow London's lead?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wasn't me!

Would be nice to get Romeo on here, though he did used to take the piss out of me on clubruns relentlessly, all cos my bike was an Olmo SCATTO, no shoot connections in my mind until I met him!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wish i could have gone now, but was at work all day, subtitling the Slovenian Speedway Grand prix......

Such is life.........

Top Bottom