How about some Art Deco...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Now we were told it was due to go to Westminster Cathedral (or somewhere like that) but it wasn’t perfectly colour matched and something about delivery issues (no change there then) so Norwich Union bought it instead. This was the tale told on day 1 of working for NU in the early 80s.

My route to NU, was via CU when I joined them in 1990 in their IT centre at Whyteleafe. Then we merged with GA and then taken over by NU. I was told that story on one of the visits to the NU offices around 2000.

Found this link which gives a few possibilities to the mystery.
https://www.onlondon.co.uk/vic-keegans-lost-london-2018-westminster-cathedrals-missing-marbles/

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Clock%2BGarage%2Bby%2BAnthony%2BParkes.jpg

Kwik-Fit in Swadlincote.

FrothNinja

Veteran

SPOTTED ON A JULY RIDE. IT SITS ON THE CORNER OF ALICE ST AND LORD ST IN KEIGHLEY. THE KEIGHLEY AND DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY FORUM SAYS IT WAS KNOWN AS THE COSY CORNER PICTURE HOUSE (AKA THE RANCH-HOUSE) OPENED IN AUGUST 1912 AND CLOSED IN MARCH 1957. THE ART DECO BRICKWORK MUST HAVE BEEN AN ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE FAÇADE IN THE INTERWAR YEARS. APPARENTLY, IT WAS ALSO USED BY THE KEIGHLEY & DISTRICT AMATEUR OPERATIC SOCIETY TO PUT ON SHOWS.​

220716 30.JPG

FrothNinja

Veteran

FrothNinja

Veteran
Top Bottom