How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I don't know how long this heatwave is going to last but it certainly affects my cycling. I am not keen to ride in the heat as it drains all my energy and I don't cope very well in a heatwave. The air conditioning is working overtime in my car and my cycling outtings reduced. I am happy at temperatures between 7 and 20 deg?rees. How do you cope?

mattobrien

Guru
Cycle at the start or end of the day.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The morning commute is beautifully silky temperatures on bare arms and legs ... the late afternoon commute is a tad warmer and I usually have a bright red face but I don't seem to be going significantly slower.

jessculter

My cycling mates are always going on at me because I never wear my sunglasses. On Saturday a bee hit me square in the right eye whilst I was going at about 25mph. I now wear sunglasses.
I've had 2 bats, nocturnal mammal, not baseball variety, hit me on my commute home from work at night in the last week.

One hit me on my hand, I doubled back to see if it was okay, the other hit me on the glasses. I've no idea how that faired as I was going through trees at the time and it was pretty dark.

I thought bats were agile and quick flyers. I'm not going that fast surely?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've had 2 bats, nocturnal mammal, not baseball variety, hit me on my commute home from work at night in the last week.

One hit me on my hand, I doubled back to see if it was okay, the other hit me on the glasses. I've no idea how that faired as I was going through trees at the time and it was pretty dark.

I thought bats were agile and quick flyers. I'm not going that fast surely?
You're cycling through their feeding zone. It's a dangerous part of any race.:rolleyes:

Irishrich

Über Member
I came home with the intention of going out for the usual 25-30 mile ride but was totally drained of energy by the heat and decided to mow the lawn instead just to do something rather than sit on the sofa. One hour later and I was knackered so there was no chance of me doing any cycling today in 29C temps. Gonna get a good nights rest and hit it hard tomorrow no matter what the temps are.

Top Bottom