How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I'm even thinking of having a (very gentle) go myself!

Go for it :thumbsup: so far this month I have done 278 miles which is 100 more than I did the whole of last month.

I think the warm weather agrees with me as I am finding the hills are getting easier.

Also today a very nice young lady, looked like she did triathlons by what she was dressed like, came past me as I was on a gel stop in Darley near the bottom of Dacre Banks and I actually managed to keep up with her going up the hill :ohmy: ................ then she buggered off into the distance on the flat :laugh:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've had 2 bats, nocturnal mammal, not baseball variety, hit me on my commute home from work at night in the last week.

Not wishing to be personal, but do you closely resemble some kind of flying insect?

jjc89

Über Member
Absolutely loving this weather, up in Glasgow it was around 28 degrees today I heard, been out every day and my tan lines are getting browner and browner! Amazed at how much liquid I'm consuming though, around 4 litres of water a day and 1.5 per ride. Usually about half that in the winter. Not noticing that much difference in terms of performance although when I stopped halfway today I felt a little dizzy as I got back in the saddle.

Nothing better than going out a long cycle in the sun and coming home to a BBQ and some beers, sitting out in the garden till twighlight - could live every day like this.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am annoyed that I missed 2 days this month but I will attempt to go out everyday but my legs are achy and taking some warming up but that is probably because I keep going up large hills all the time:rolleyes: hopefully I they will get used to it eventually.
Well, recovery is well known to be an important part of recovery, so allow yourself some! :thumbsup:

green1

Über Member
Heat wave? I'm just about out of my jumper. I don't get excited until it gets to 30+, 45 and above is a little tiresome though. But that's the joys of growing up in the Middle East for you. I'd still have the 45+ in the middle east at this time of year over winter in this country as well. :sun:

Sandra6

Veteran
There is an optimum speed for cycling in hot weather -it will vary from cyclist to cyclist depending on your fitness and technique - but basically you need to go fast enough to benefit from the breeze it creates, but not so fast that you get sweaty. Simples.
I'm enjoying the weather, but I don't think I'm taking part in the tdf when I go out on my bike and I'm quite happy pootling along a river bank.

Top Bottom