How big is your telly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
. We don't have a big house so why would we have a big telly. Am I right?
I used this website or one similar
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Article/How-Far-Should-I-Sit.php
it worked for me:smile:.

U

User6179

I would wager I have the biggest TV on cyclechat , It is about 14 years old , it would not fit through the front door when it arrived :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
40 inch samdung LCD in the bedroom, about 10 years old, still going strong, gives off some heat though!,,,,living room 28inch CRT....YES CRT...still works perfect...aint replacing either til they die!
Till we got ouur 46 Panasonic, we had a formerly top'ish of the range 36 Inch Phillips CRT...cost £1500 :ohmy::cry:? It lasted us for years and I was reluctant to part with It, in the end i gave it away, worth nothing . It weighed 80 kg :wacko:? Nearly lost a finger lifting it off its stand.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oops forgot about the "Wendy house" (cabin in garden).
32 inch reasonably priced TV that Mr M picked up in Asda, not as good as the Sony or Panasonic but does the job in the wee hoose.
Send Mr M off with a couple of shandies, some crisps and the remote, happy as Larry :thumbsup:
I've got a 10.5" telly in the summerhouse (12v job)

I used this website or one similar
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Article/How-Far-Should-I-Sit.php
it worked for me:smile:.
So I looked at the Which website and they say 8 ft for a 32" screen, double the distance the above site recommends, very scientific. Samsung say 10 ft.

U

User6179

So I looked at the Which website and they say 8 ft for a 32" screen, double the distance the above site recommends, very scientific. Samsung say 10 ft.

It depends on the resolution you are watching, you need to be further away for 720 than 1080 or you see pixels .
480 on a 32 inch tv then 8feet , at 1080 this comes down to 4.5 feet so the website could be correct.

edit- also the bigger the tv you get the further away you need to be as the pixels get bigger .

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
........but what about your sound system? Does it do the Band or Johnny Cash justice?

SoundSystemDukeReid.jpg

Top Bottom