How can Donhou charge £2300 for an off the shelf 853 frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Eurostar

Eurostar

Guru
Here's my 853. The pedals and valve caps are supposed to coordinate with the Reynolds decal :tongue:. But the garish fuel bottle somewhat detracts from the effect.

IMG_2623-1.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you got enough stuff on that bike?!

OP
OP
Eurostar

Eurostar

Guru
Actually I did have a sink! It was a folding water sack thing with stiff edges so you could configure it as a basin. One of many ridiculous purchases which I gave away.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The grey was chosen to go with the Genesis lettering...my views on black are well documented! The saddle cost me £80 (and is a Specialized :sad: ) but it was the only grey WSD saddle I could find and it does match well...hopefully it'll become more comfortable one day (although I did do a 100km on it ok, maybe more than one)

Yours looks stunning.

What I really meant though was that Genesis have done some really nice paint jobs on the Equilibrium over the years and they make a flagship 853 version, so-called limited edition - aren't all bikes? - and all, and paint it boring dark grey with some funny block graphics they claim are inspired by the Reynolds badges but which don't actually match the colours on them. It needs sandblasting and repainting with graphics just like yours and a nice discreet set of 853 badges put on.

But maybe by the time I get around to doing that they'll do an 853 Equilibrium disc with a carbon fork. In the mean time I keep thinking about getting my Tubus Fly rack repainted to match the frame. Bit cheaper.

vickster

Legendary Member
@GrumpyGregry all too many bikes are a boring grey or worse black...it's the same with cars...why :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
People chose the colour of their bike or car to make a statement. Red says daring, Pink says more daringer and Grey says not daring at all.
I just bought an Eqi 853 in the only colour they sold it in. :sad:

tbh colour is the last thing I think about when buying a bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
13Bikes%20Intuition%20Beta.jpg

This one does the whole grey/green/yellow thing so much more stylishly.

Top Bottom