How can I be eating so much?

Why am I always hungry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I know I've been upping the miles on the bike and a bit more weight training but this cannot explain why I'm always hungry.

Even Henry Viii didn't eat as much as I have this week.

:eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
WHAT are you eating...? :whistle:

If I had 200 g of chocolate in the house, I would eat it all. If I had 200 g of chocolate in the house every day, I would eat it all every day! I make sure that I rarely buy chocolate. :laugh:

If I had 1 kg of oats in the house, I would have a nice bowl of porridge for breakfast and leave it at that! :okay:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Scientifically and Biologically. increased exercise leads to increase in the release of a hormone called 'Ghrelin' and Ghrelin makes you feel super hungry.

I noticed this too when i started upping the miles. Id do my regular 16mile city crit 3-4days per week and jump rope on rest days --- I wasnt hungry.

but as soon as i started doing my 3-4days and longer 25-30mile+ ride at the weekend, my hunger levels have been going crazy.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
You might be deficient in some way and your body is craving it. Be that protein or a vitamin(s) given your weight training. It is quite stressful on the body, tearing down muscle fibres and rebuilding them regularly will have requirements...

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Scientifically and Biologically. increased exercise leads to increase in the release of a hormone called 'Ghrelin' and Ghrelin makes you feel super hungry.

I noticed this too when i started upping the miles. Id do my regular 16mile city crit 3-4days per week and jump rope on rest days --- I wasnt hungry.

but as soon as i started doing my 3-4days and longer 25-30mile+ ride at the weekend, my hunger levels have been going crazy.

That may be the issue. I have my own weights set up at home but I've just joined a gym that's just opened around the corner from me, so super convenient, and I do the big combo lifts (squats, deadlifts etc) there as I cannot do them at home, twice a week.

It's still quite a surprise to me as I don't think I ate this much when I was competing in Muay Thai:laugh:

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
You might be deficient in some way and your body is craving it. Be that protein or a vitamin(s) given your weight training. It is quite stressful on the body, tearing down muscle fibres and rebuilding them regularly will have requirements...

Yea, I'll need to look at my diet and see what's missing. I still do the 3 squares a day routine but I may have to change that. My diet is quite healthy as I tend to avoid too much sugar (ADHD) and I get drunk on jelly babies. :laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
That may be the issue. I have my own weights set up at home but I've just joined a gym that's just opened around the corner from me, so super convenient, and I do the big combo lifts (squats, deadlifts etc) there as I cannot do them at home, twice a week.

It's still quite a surprise to me as I don't think I ate this much when I was competing in Muay Thai:laugh:

I used to pull weights at my local gym too though i limited myself to just the machines they had and i still ended up hungry though not as hungry as i get after cycling. My hunger back then was more about craving certain types of food. mainly potato chips and fried chicken (kfc) and occasionally pizza but I stayed well away from most of that. Maybe allowing myself to have some chicken wings from my local shop once or twice a month??

I quit the gym before the first lockdown happened and havent been back there since -- I do miss it. I got some assorted weights at home but it just isnt the same. (I miss sled & tyre flipping workouts)

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I used to pull weights at my local gym too though i limited myself to just the machines they had and i still ended up hungry though not as hungry as i get after cycling. My hunger back then was more about craving certain types of food. mainly potato chips and fried chicken (kfc) and occasionally pizza but I stayed well away from most of that. Maybe allowing myself to have some chicken wings from my local shop once or twice a month??

I quit the gym before the first lockdown happened and havent been back there since -- I do miss it. I got some assorted weights at home but it just isnt the same. (I miss sled & tyre flipping workouts)

When it gets hot and humid here, after a bike ride I crave a fizzy drink (Coke usually).

Top Bottom