How can I be sure kit is aero when I buy online?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How can I be sure kit is aero when I buy online? The past two jerseys I have bought have been Santini and Giro jerseys. Online, the models are wearing the kit and it's tight around the sleeve's - bearing in mind the models look like extremely fit cyclists. When I buy jerseys (even at shops) the jerseys are baggy around the arms. Is the kit I buy not aero or do I just have extremely weak and puny arms?

screenman

Legendary Member
How can I be sure kit is aero when I buy online? The past two jerseys I have bought have been Santini and Giro jerseys. Online, the models are wearing the kit and it's tight around the sleeve's - bearing in mind the models look like extremely fit cyclists. When I buy jerseys (even at shops) the jerseys are baggy around the arms. Is the kit I buy not aero or do I just have extremely weak and puny arms?

Do you know of anyone with a sewing machine, I often have things adjusted.

vickster

Legendary Member
Long or short sleeved jerseys? If long, maybe try short and arm warmers?

Pros have pretty skinny arms and their kit is skin tight on their equally skinny torsos

Presumably this is for racing? Maybe you need a skin suit if the rest of your physique goes with the skinny arms...or address diet for your torso and try some resistance work at the gym for the arms?

Or you just haven't found the right brand or fit yet?

lane

Veteran
I don't think you can. Return if not what you wanted and try something else for size.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Never had the problem. My kit fits perfect.:okay:

mattobrien

Guru
Could you buy the next size down? Don’t forget cycling kit isn’t meant to fit standing up, only when in the cycling position. What might seem short at the front when standing, might fit well when on the bike, so a smaller and tighter size might work for you.

OP
OP
B

Billbalding

Long or short sleeved jerseys? If long, maybe try short and arm warmers?

Pros have pretty skinny arms and their kit is skin tight on their equally skinny torsos

Presumably this is for racing? Maybe you need a skin suit if the rest of your physique goes with the skinny arms...or address diet for your torso and try some resistance work at the gym for the arms?

Or you just haven't found the right brand or fit yet?
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Im looking for a short sleeve jersey with racing in mind. And, if i'm honest the kit is also pretty baggy around the torso as well. The only place where it isn't baggy is on my back.

OP
OP
B

Billbalding

Have just measured my arms and I have 9" upper arms, I'm guessing thats the reason kit does not fit to me haha?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Im looking for a short sleeve jersey with racing in mind. And, if i'm honest the kit is also pretty baggy around the torso as well. The only place where it isn't baggy is on my back.
But a smaller size or try different brands. Anything race fit and Italian will be snug

Top Bottom