How can wearing a helmet offer no protection from injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
2211261 said:
I would say that, in my opinion, that is an area where the risk benefit analysis shifts sufficiently in favour of the helmet to make it more justifiable.

In other words , 'Hmm - yea helmet looks like a good idea '

Norm

Licramite said:
I suppose I could mount a chain saw vertically on my handle bar , leave a trail of destrction beind me.
You need a good helmet if you are operating a chain saw. :thumbsup:

In other words , 'Hmm - yea helmet looks like a good idea '

In the specific case of:

(edited)...
..one bit I go through is fir trees very close together, you can see the trail but the branches are down to about 3 ft off the ground and overlap across the trail , its like going through those vertical wahers in a car wash. - and about as wet as well.

I see it differently.....

"Hmm - yea to take an alternative and safer route looks like a good idea"

Try reading the post about hierarchy?

Licramite

Über Member
No I'm following Adrians advice - when I said about avoiding bad roads he said you should use it more so cars get used to the idea of cyclist using that stretch of road,
I'm applying it to the woods, If I smash my way through it enough eventually their will be a me size hole along the trail.

Licramite

Über Member
hobbit sized. - a friend who's a tree expert did point out once when I described crashing into a tree , as a species it was actually a bush. - have yet to live that one down.

screenman

Legendary Member
2211168 said:
I would say that MTB riding I have hit branches with my helmet on many more occasions than I have hit the deck. Obviously the helmet made my head bigger and that clearly means I might or might not have hit my head had it not been helmeted.

I would say that it shows you lack spacial awareness.

hobbit sized. - a friend who's a tree expert did point out once when I described crashing into a tree , as a species it was actually a bush. - have yet to live that one down.
Licramite - so minuscule he can headbutt a bush :ohmy:

I can resist...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The knights who say ni? I was waiting for something indecent.

StuartG

slower but further
2211465 said:
I wouldn't put it quite that strongly. It's not as though I am a complete incompetent who habitually whacks his head on stuff.
That's what happens when plants don't wear hi-viz. Truly shocking, and do think about the seedlings ....

Found this...

Adapt your helmet into a Tilley type hat?

Sporty_Cycling_Angled_Tan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom