How clean was the Tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/56107398914/2013-tour-de-france-overall-analysis

You have to treat this analysis with a pinch of salt as so many of the values are estimated, but the data, as presented, suggests that both Quintana and Rodriguez's improvement during the course of the tour are actually more suspicious than Froome's dominance.

Whether the "just barely leaving room for hope" comment is glass half empty or half full is probably up to you.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Rumour masquerading as science.

I bet there were dopers at the Tour, but I strongly suspect the witchfinders are pointing their fingers at the wrong people.

Let's wait and see what comes out in the wash.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I found the whole thing so bizarrely-written I didn't know what to make of it, however I had already made the same observation on the TdF thread about Quintana and Rodiguez being the ones who seemed to be in suspicious territory, rather than Froome, and this seems to be what this guy is saying too, although he doesn't present the figures for them at all.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think the short "about" line is quite telling:
"clean sport and cycling science as told through the rough colloquial voice of the disenfranchised"

It's all just Kimmage-lite axe-grinding rubbish. Not to be taken seriously.

BJH

Über Member
Cleaner than previous for me, more blowing up after big days and more brick wall hitting suggests the LA days are gone.

Spanish steaks off the menu appears to remove the ability to dance up mountains too.

U

User169

"mollema has what most would assume
a “normal" tapering off in performance
should look like"

Er, OK. Nothing to do with the fact that he got sick then. So caught up in pseudo-science, there's no attempt to actually watch what's going on in the race itself.

OP
OP
Hont

Hont

Guru
Cleaner than previous for me

I felt last year was cleaner, although a lot more boring to watch.

raindog

er.....
"How clean was the tour?"
Well the TheClinic is still down, if that's any answer, which it isn't. :smile:
To my knowledge, the CN forum has never been closed this long before. I can't believe it's actually crashed this time - I reckon they've either shut it down for fear of libel, or they've finally come to realise what a mental mess it really is.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've written this before in another thread, but I think it bears repeating.

Froome and the whole of SKY have repeatedly and firmly nailed their colours to the mast over doping. They insist they are clean, and after the Armstrong fiasco, remember he to repeatedly claimed to be clean, and the damage to Lance himself, I very much doubt they are 'doing an Armstrong' over this.

The damage to the brand, the members of the team and the sport would be so great if they are doping I suspect they are in fact, clean. Much to some peoples future disappointment.

Top Bottom