How could you possibly not see me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I know that my language is bad when I am out but I find it difficult to control really. Swearing is a spur of the moment thing.
I do know that I need to change my ways and have been trying to combat this problem for a while.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
That really is no excuse. Learn to push frustration and fear into a positive.

You got exactly nothing out of swearing at the guy. Any other response would have been better. Why didnt you just draw to a halt and say 'Crickey mate, how come you didn't see me'. At the worst he may have said 'Sorry, my bad, I thought I'd make it'. Best case he may have said 'Sorry, though maybe you should invest in a second light that flashes, I find that really helps me spot you guys'.

Hell, dream world case he may have said 'Sorry mate, I'm a cyclist myself and I know how that feels, complete brain fart there'.

Pick good options. The world is not out to get you.

I'm with you on the sentiment from this post but would like to point out that other words are available such as "cor lummy", "by Jove", "oddsbodikins" and not forgetting "I say"

My wife reminds me sometimes that I once hurled her car off a country lane and into a bush and as I locked the wheels and stalled the motor, all she heard was a Terry-Thomas style "Oh, I say..."

As luck would have it, there was an escape road, but at the time i thought we were for the next world. To this day, I do not know why I didn't swear.

As it is, apart from being cross with me for messing up the car a little, she has thought of me ever since as utterly unflappable in a crisis.

Top Bottom