How dare they!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hot day, been working hard, so thought I'd treat myself to my favourite hot weather tipple, a bottle of Lucozade orange. They're quite sugary, and I'm in danger of becoming far too muscular (cough) so its an occasional treat rather than a staple.

Out the fridge, crack off the lid, and....bleurgh! Horrible sweetener taste. Yuk. Check the label and I've bought the right one. Check the ingredients, aspartine now present. Check some of the bottles in the fridge that are a little older and they do not.

Oi, makers of Lucozade, NOOOOOO! If I wanted a diet drink I'd blummen well go and buy a diet drink. If I want a full fat, triple cholestrol, double sugar beverage then I'll ruddy well have one. You're not my Mum. Stop it. Let the diet drinkers have the diet rubbish, and the manly men have the full sugar stuff. Stop trying to convert me on the sly.

Get over yourselves.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
For some reason I appear to have put this in the wrong forum. If any passing @Moderators fancies moving it to the cafe feel free, and I'll manfully accept any flagellation by way of punishment.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I heard about Lucozade changing their recipe. It's to avoid the sugar tax or something. Ribena have done the same.

I feel much the same as you about it. Lucozade Orange has always been my first choice if I need a sugar hit on a ride, but not any more.

If I don't need the calories, I'll stick to water.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Taking the sugar out of Lucozade seems to be missing the point somewhat. I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners but it's becoming harder and harder to find drinks without. I'm not exactly obese so I'm fine with the sugar content.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Taking the sugar out of Lucozade seems to be missing the point somewhat.

They should be legally obliged to change the name to Spartozade.

Bryony

Veteran
Lucozade reducing the sugar content has caught out some of us type 1 diabetics. It's has been a popular go to during a hypoglycemic attack, but some diabetics have found that their attacks have been going on for longer, and when reading the label then realise that the sugar content has been drastically reduced!

Because the regular stuff makes you fat? There are no calories in water so is the low calorie stuff in deficit?

Well Star Trek has Anti-Matter

Perhaps there is such a thing as Anti-Water.... And does the crew of theUSS Enterprise die a painful and prolonged death whilst the Univers implodes if water and anti-water meet?

We need to know

Top Bottom