How dare they!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Me and the good lady spend bloody ages looking for drinks that Don't contain these nasty sweeteners..
There bad for my condition for starters..

You try buying a sweetener free soft drink in a pub..you have to ask for them as a rule or you just get it..
I don't drink Coke , and j20 is loaded with crap

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4846556, member: 21629"]Diet Coke. xx( and xx( and xx(
What's next, fat free water?[/QUOTE]
It's already out there.
3208525400_d16fdbf54b_z.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hot day, been working hard, so thought I'd treat myself to my favourite hot weather tipple, a bottle of Lucozade orange. They're quite sugary, and I'm in danger of becoming far too muscular (cough) so its an occasional treat rather than a staple.

Out the fridge, crack off the lid, and....bleurgh! Horrible sweetener taste. Yuk. Check the label and I've bought the right one. Check the ingredients, aspartine now present. Check some of the bottles in the fridge that are a little older and they do not.

Oi, makers of Lucozade, NOOOOOO! If I wanted a diet drink I'd blummen well go and buy a diet drink. If I want a full fat, triple cholestrol, double sugar beverage then I'll ruddy well have one. You're not my Mum. Stop it. Let the diet drinkers have the diet rubbish, and the manly men have the full sugar stuff. Stop trying to convert me on the sly.

Get over yourselves.

We've stocked up on the full fat stuff for my son.

The T1 community did tell Lucozade before they changed the original recipe.

You'd have to drink an entire bottle now to pick you up from a hypo.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sports dextrose tablets, chewed and washed down with a couple of mouthfuls of water?

I used to use lemonade for a quick sugar hit, but I suspect they'll get that too before long.

We have box loads of dextrose for my son but you get a bit fed up chewing tablets to bring your sugars up. Lucozade was a good alternative that my son liked. Its full fat coke or Pepsi now.

gaijintendo

Veteran
It struck at our house this week. Two big fans of Strawberry Ribena here, both devastated by the No Added Sugar sweetener version. They have ruined it.
I try super-hard to not have sweeteners in the stuff my kids consume, and they snuck them in with a tiny blue oval logo.

On the plus side the younger fan is drinking water now.

But after Walkers withdrew their Salt and Vinegar coated peanuts... I am starting to think nothing is sacred.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It struck at our house this week. Two big fans of Strawberry Ribena here, both devastated by the No Added Sugar sweetener version. They have ruined it.
I try super-hard to not have sweeteners in the stuff my kids consume, and they snuck them in with a tiny blue oval logo.

On the plus side the younger fan is drinking water now.

But after Walkers withdrew their Salt and Vinegar coated peanuts... I am starting to think nothing is sacred.

Was looking for lemonade without artificial sweeteners in the supermarket the other day.

Top Bottom