How dare they!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
One of my medications, there's over ten competing forms on the market. All but two contain artificial sweeteners... and one of them hasn't been available in the UK this year due to supply problems. :rolleyes:

Some of the sweetened ones are also flavoured. If you've never tried vanilla orange flavour, you ain't missing much xx(

classic33

Leg End Member
One of my medications, there's over ten competing forms on the market. All but two contain artificial sweeteners... and one of them hasn't been available in the UK this year due to supply problems. :rolleyes:

Some of the sweetened ones are also flavoured. If you've never tried vanilla orange flavour, you ain't missing much xx(
Try a liquidised full english.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had a couple of cans of San Pellegrino while I was out yesterday. Hit the spot perfectly.

Apparently, they contain 10g sugar per 100ml, which is high enough that you'd want to be careful about how much you drink normally, but since it was a blazing hot day and I rode 216km, I think I earned it.

They don't taste that sweet though - the grapefruit flavour I had tastes refreshingly sharp, so I guess that's because the high fruit juice content offsets the sweetness of the added sugar.

Not a hint of artificial sweeteners, tfft.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, you'd expect Viagara to taste swweeetttt!
Maybe, but it's not that! :laugh: Given that there's a plain unsweetened version of my drug which tastes of basically nothing, I suspect that the sweetening is basically a sort of bribing your tastebuds to encourage you to take it regularly. That doesn't really explain the flavoured version, unless anyone actually likes vanilla orange - anyone here think that sounds nice?

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe, but it's not that! :laugh: Given that there's a plain unsweetened version of my drug which tastes of basically nothing, I suspect that the sweetening is basically a sort of bribing your tastebuds to encourage you to take it regularly. That doesn't really explain the flavoured version, unless anyone actually likes vanilla orange - anyone here think that sounds nice?
Check when each should be taken/used. It's often as simple as that.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A footnote to this.

A few weeks have passed since my last Lucozade treat, so I thought I was due a sugary treat. I've just cracked open a full fat Pepsi and that too tastes horrible and chemicly now.

Are there any decent full fat drinks left that one can enjoy as an occasional treat without getting a mouthful of chemical sweeteners?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Are there any decent full fat drinks left that one can enjoy as an occasional treat without getting a mouthful of chemical sweeteners?

San Pellegrino

classic33

Leg End Member
A footnote to this.

A few weeks have passed since my last Lucozade treat, so I thought I was due a sugary treat. I've just cracked open a full fat Pepsi and that too tastes horrible and chemicly now.

No.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A footnote to this.

I have the same problem now with full fat drinks, they just taste gack. Some of the cloudy lemonade type stuff is ok because the lemon balances the sugar, but that might be too close to fruit and therefore not a treat.

classic33

Leg End Member
A footnote to this.

Guinness Calories.jpg

Top Bottom