How dare they!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Slightly OT...

I used to write advice leaflets for students travelling abroad

Our advice for dodgy tummies was that most of the proprietary medication (Dioralyte etc) required making up with the local water

Meanwhile Coke / Pepsi had an almost guaranteed standard, so the advice was to get a bottle of "full fat" (none of that namby pamby diet stuff) crack the top and leave for a few hours. Then drink the flat drink.

Contained lots of sugars and also lots of trace elements etc, so was a good way of rehydreating

No trace elements mentioned in the ingredients :okay:

I'm struggling to find any "food" these days that doesnt contain artificial sweetners.
Bloody hate the stuff. It leaves a horrid taste in the back of my throat :sad:

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 4847575, member: 259"]Wow, there are going to be some terrible uncured hangovers![/QUOTE]

Dandelion and Burdock is better for a hangover :smile:

Will Spin

Über Member
Sorry, hot afternoon and just woken up, but going back to the skinny water (about 3 pages ago), is this water from which all the deuterium oxide has been removed?

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm struggling to find any "food" these days that doesnt contain artificial sweetners.
Bloody hate the stuff. It leaves a horrid taste in the back of my throat :sad:
Fresh fruit, fresh veg, fresh meat, fish, eggs, rice, high quality pasta, homemade bread, homemade cakes, milk, natural yogurt....I'm sure there are plenty more foodstuff without artificial sweeteners, just avoid processed stuff ...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
When McVities changed Digestives I wrote to them complaining and had a nice reply including a voucher, from there onwards we mostly eat Aldi's own brand

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_1132.JPG
On occasion a full fat Irn Bru and a square sausage roll are called for :okay:
Or a full fat coke in the middle of, or at the end of a strenuous bike ride.
(Even the pro's do it)

Fresh fruit, fresh veg, fresh meat, fish, eggs, rice, high quality pasta, homemade bread, homemade cakes, milk, natural yogurt....I'm sure there are plenty more foodstuff without artificial sweeteners, just avoid processed stuff ...

Thanks for the obvious answer. Its not what I meant hence the quotation marks. :rolleyes:
Most of our food is unprocessed. Freshly cooked.
There are a lot of things which we do also have that have been changing over the years :sad:

Top Bottom