How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
There are Christian dating sites šŸ˜® awesome. Will look.

I met my significant other, love of my life, in Cambridgeshire when the police and RSPCA raided a dog fighting camp and got the Staffies to one place, Lurchers to another and everything else to a third place.

Love at first sight and nothing has changed. I looked at my diary, he was 1.03kg. Bit light for even an alleged 10 week old dog. More like 5 weeks old.

He has been the most reliable male in my life, ever.

Attachments

• 40E16BAA-C171-4EB8-99E3-386F437A8726.jpeg
    40E16BAA-C171-4EB8-99E3-386F437A8726.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 7
  • FACFB2AF-787F-4869-8644-5DA78F9C2BE2.jpeg
    FACFB2AF-787F-4869-8644-5DA78F9C2BE2.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9

DRM

Guru
There are Christian dating sites šŸ˜® awesome. Will look.

I met my significant other, love of my life, in Cambridgeshire when the police and RSPCA raided a dog fighting camp and got the Staffies to one place, Lurchers to another and everything else to a third place.

Love at first sight and nothing has changed. I looked at my diary, he was 1.03kg. Bit light for even an alleged 10 week old dog. More like 5 weeks old.

He has been the most reliable male in my life, ever.
Heā€™s a beauty! How does he go on, is he bit like a greyhound in that heā€™ll enjoy a walk/run round then go home and sleep for hours on end?

Probably has a strong prey drive being a sight hound, particularly with the back story, heā€™ll have been bred for hare coursing at a guess
I was actually thinking aloud about saluki's general male management techniques.

If you get out today (not bad weather down south) restrain any urges to jump a hedge and chase something small across a field.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Tall and handsome, he strode up to the reception window, I glanced up, and saw he was different, not just here for a sick note or early retirement like the people I usually met -and thatā€™s just my co-workers-, too slow to get to serve him, I sneaked a cheeky look at the repeat prescription he had requested, Alison *****?? obviously not him, intrigued, I watched as he rode away... A few days later I saw him as I made my way back from a CBT session, never a shrinking violet, I tried my best smile, and it reflected! ā€œHi, how you liking England?ā€œ We got talking about things, mainly how I had thought Barrow-in-Furness was in Scotland, and said ā€see yaā€ A few more ā€chance meetingsā€ and we agreed on a drink together, followed a day later by a short ride, which led on to longer rides and finally realising that this was the real thing.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We met via a Christian dating website. Being married to a dyspraxic certainly makes for an interesting life šŸ˜
But still muzzled?
Not a muzzle but a halti.
I had hurt the already battered wrist and there were rabbits galore over there. It was icy as anything and getting pulled over was not on the agenda. He doesnā€™t wear a halti now, he is just on his normal collar.
Heā€™s a beauty! How does he go on, is he bit like a greyhound in that heā€™ll enjoy a walk/run round then go home and sleep for hours on end?
20 mins, twice a day. 2 x 10 minute eating sessions, 23 hours beauty sleep. Just like a greyhound. He is mostly short coated saluki. Mum was full short coated saluki, dad was saluki x greyhound

Probably has a strong prey drive being a sight hound, particularly with the back story, heā€™ll have been bred for hare coursing at a guess
bred by scumbags on a fighting site. He was to be a ā€˜bait dogā€™ and ripped to bits by bull terrier types, or whatever these people (other descriptions are available) use for fighting. However, the police, RSPCA and a few co-ordinated rescue types, waiting in the wings, got there first.
He will chase rabbits and small pray but wonā€™t actually catch them. Useless ratter, excellent cuddle monster. Not a bad bone in his body but really doesnā€™t like other dogs, unless he knows them. Then he is friends for life with them. Great with sighthounds though, itā€™s everything else that he is fearful of. He doesnā€™t have full on meltdowns any longer. We take a squeaky toy and a pocket full of treats to distract and reward calmness.

My other dog, Blue (Greyhound x Whippet) has pray drive, walked on a halti as leaps about and twists himself round if he sees cats, squirrels or anything small and squeaky. Soft as pudding and currently asleep on my feet. He loves all other dogs, big, friendly doofus.

Attachments

• 19DE3ECA-69D1-43E6-B87E-BD02FFC0AE90.jpeg
    19DE3ECA-69D1-43E6-B87E-BD02FFC0AE90.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 4
  • A82C4057-B086-4F49-B99B-25B195DA16E1.jpeg
    A82C4057-B086-4F49-B99B-25B195DA16E1.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 4

DRM

Guru
Not a muzzle but a halti.
I had hurt the already battered wrist and there were rabbits galore over there. It was icy as anything and getting pulled over was not on the agenda. He doesnā€™t wear a halti now, he is just on his normal collar.

20 mins, twice a day. 2 x 10 minute eating sessions, 23 hours beauty sleep. Just like a greyhound. He is mostly short coated saluki. Mum was full short coated saluki, dad was saluki x greyhound

bred by scumbags on a fighting site. He was to be a ā€˜bait dogā€™ and ripped to bits by bull terrier types, or whatever these people (other descriptions are available) use for fighting. However, the police, RSPCA and a few co-ordinated rescue types, waiting in the wings, got there first.
He will chase rabbits and small pray but wonā€™t actually catch them. Useless ratter, excellent cuddle monster. Not a bad bone in his body but really doesnā€™t like other dogs, unless he knows them. Then he is friends for life with them. Great with sighthounds though, itā€™s everything else that he is fearful of. He doesnā€™t have full on meltdowns any longer. We take a squeaky toy and a pocket full of treats to distract and reward calmness.

My other dog, Blue (Greyhound x Whippet) has pray drive, walked on a halti as leaps about and twists himself round if he sees cats, squirrels or anything small and squeaky. Soft as pudding and currently asleep on my feet. He loves all other dogs, big, friendly doofus.
That is absolutely appalling, how anyone can treat a dog like that is beyond me. :angry:

pjd57

Veteran
I was 40 and single / widowed.
Went out to a local pub to see if any guys from work were in for a Friday night pint.
None around so I decided to go into the city centre on my own.
The guys I occasionally met up with were all settled down with kids so I wouldn't ask them to join in that trip.

Anyway I got chatting to a young lady in a club and the rest is history.
Still together 23 years later.
20th wedding anniversary earlier this month

Top Bottom