How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If only they had an atheist connections dating site :biggrin:
What ? You mean there is no God ?? :sad:

If only they had an atheist connections dating site :biggrin:
The idea of christian dating sites rather boggles my mind.
If it's meant to happen won't the thing upstairs just sort it/make sure it happens/comes to pass?
And, mind-riffing, in the modern world, are there christian tindrs/farkbuddy sites?

Edit, i see the cchat bunch has already, i should have guessed, wandered astray down this path.

Very unconvincing act of innocence there mr dad. Just remember you are being watched/judged by him/her/it up there/us questionable lot.

I’m happily married but down with the kids^_^ I’m not a saint but am a Christian, my denomination is best described as evangelical and NO I don’t go round shouting you will go to hell :laugh: and NO I don’t do the whole christening followed by a piss up, in fact I am appalled by those practices, it just drives people away and is hypocritical. My children are given the opportunity to explore Christian life and will be allowed to decide what they want to do.

NO I don’t go round shouting you will go to hell :laugh: and NO I don’t do the whole christening followed by a piss up, in fact I am appalled by those practices,
Good that you are so flexible on the hell for the world is already living it, to a resounding silence from up above or messages/explanations from above via agents on earth. 2020, the year the threat of hell lost its final sting.
I see nothing wrong with occasional piss-ups. In fact I intend to celebrate the end of this hell, with a continuing silence from above, by going on a merry pub crawl.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I wish that I hadn’t asked now. I really didn’t intend to do any thread derailing :ohmy:

I did meet someone, that I would have happily spent forever with, had he not inconveniently died.
I met his sister on a bus, randomly. We got chatting about horses - it’s a teenage girl thing - arranged to ride together at the weekend and became excellent friends. She introduced me to ’big bro’ as she called him. Mates for a long time and when I was around 17 and a bit we kind of drifted together. Very happy too. He was 10 years older and really lovely. Ex Army, qualified vet and stunning with horses. Even stayed put when I broke my back and was in a wheelchair. He paid for some very expensive treatment in the USA, which is why I can walk properly with no sticks, ride bikes, rip about on horses etc. Walking is a permanent reminder of him being in my life. Jane, friend from the bus, died after a motorbike accident, while rounding up sheep, when we were 23. Stu went and died on me a number of years ago. I still miss him. I see things and think ‘oh I must tell Stu. Oh, I can’t’.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

I wish that I hadn’t asked now. I really didn’t intend to do any thread derailing :ohmy:

I did meet someone, that I would have happily spent forever with, had he not inconveniently died.
I met his sister on a bus, randomly. We got chatting about horses - it’s a teenage girl thing - arranged to ride together at the weekend and became excellent friends. She introduced me to ’big bro’ as she called him. Mates for a long time and when I was around 17 and a bit we kind of drifted together. Very happy too. He was 10 years older and really lovely. Ex Army, qualified vet and stunning with horses. Even stayed put when I broke my back and was in a wheelchair. He paid for some very expensive treatment in the USA, which is why I can walk properly with no sticks, ride bikes, rip about on horses etc. Walking is a permanent reminder of him being in my life. Jane, friend from the bus, died after a motorbike accident, while rounding up sheep, when we were 23. Stu went and died on me a number of years ago. I still miss him. I see things and think ‘oh I must tell Stu. Oh, I can’t’.
Sounds like true love. Something that should be made into a movie.

Top Bottom