How do I make porridge less boring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Basil.B

Guru
I have recently switched from milk to water in my porridge.
Surprised it doesn't taste that bad at all.
Had half and half today though.

runner

Guru
I make porridge with water heat in microwave and eat/chew it when solid. I have every morning and have done for years and years..... Now that's boring

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If I'm feeling grown-up I add some maple syrup rather than golden syrup into my water-based porridge. The syrup has to be Tate and Lyle though as other brands just don't taste as yumtus.

I have recently switched from milk to water in my porridge.
Surprised it doesn't taste that bad at all.
Had half and half today though.
A little cinnamon can help if you're only using water. Mix it with the oats before adding the water. Cinnamon is also very nice on buttered toast!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The Europa Hotel in Belfast provides whiskey to go with your porridge for Friday breakfast.
Not a great idea if you need to go to work afterwards......

U

User482

Pinhead oatmeal soaked overnight with water, cooked slowly in the pan with a pinch of salt, stirring well until it's creamy. A dash of cream and a spoon of sugar sprinkled over.

Porridge oats are ok, but microwaving it is a total abomination, and isn't any quicker if you're making two or more bowls.

brand

I don't cook it. I use full fat milk from the milkman (the one with the big lump of cream on the top) Add various dried fruits, ground almonds and dessicated coconut and a touch of brown sugar.

cuberider

Über Member
I make mine with soya. Then I add honey sultanas and a few sunflower and pumpkin seeds for crunch. The sultanas warm up nicely

Top Bottom