How do I see New Threads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's a New Threads box on the right/bottom (depending on screen size) of the front page and there's a "New Posts" link on the top bar, but is there a "New Threads" link somewhere that shows recently-started threads?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
New threads is all you need. That shows you all the recent and new threads. And if you see a thread you like and want to keep in touch with it, simply add the thread to your watch list. That way anytime someone posts on that thread, you will be alerted.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Front screen normally shows new threads, over on the right hand side but a reasonable way down the screen near the recent statuses.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do what I do? That is to use New Posts to spot new threads, go into them, and if I am not interested in them I use Ignore Thread to remove them from future uses of New Posts. That way, I can keep on top of things without having to see lots of stuff I don't want to.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thanks @ColinJ. I'll keep that in reserve but it seems like a lot of clicks from every user who wants to see new threads when I thought the search must be stored somewhere to generate that list on the front page...

Shaun

Founder
There's no built-in function for finding new threads but you can do what you want through the forum alerts (the only down side is you've got to do it for each forum you want new thread alerts for).

Go to each forum you want to be alerted about and click the Watch Forum link at the upper right to get the options:

upload_2015-4-24_16-9-42.png

It should default to threads and alerts (change to suit) - then click Watch Forum. That's it. Any new threads will be notified to you via your forum alerts.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Do what I do? That is to use New Posts to spot new threads, go into them, and if I am not interested in them I use Ignore Thread to remove them from future uses of New Posts. That way, I can keep on top of things without having to see lots of stuff I don't want to.
This is how I am now ignoring all of your new ride threads :tongue:

Top Bottom