How do you carry your camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Just wondering what other people do.

I want to take my camera with me on the occasional more scenic rides.
It's too heavy for my bar bag and too big for the front pocket of my jacket. That leaves around my neck under my jacket or in the back zip pocket both of which feel wrong, but maybe I should actually try it. I know I could take a back pack for long rides.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I use an AW (all weather) camera bag when taking my bigger camera.
It's a pain when you need to stop and take it out to take a photo every time, but at least it'll be relatively safe!

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'll either just use my phone camera, or I bought a small and very light compact that goes in a jersey pocket.

If I take the bigger camera out with me (about SLR sized) it goes in the rack bag. :smile:

my compact goes in my barbag on my touring bike and will also go in my barbag on my recumbent trike though it will be called a seat bag....
on my road bike, it goes in my saddle bag or my pannier depending on if I have a pannier with me or not.

Oh and if its my big dSLR then its the rack pack in its special waterproof bag that I modified for touring and it has travelled over 10,000 miles in that!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
my compact goes in my barbag on my touring bike and will also go in my barbag on my recumbent trike though it will be called a seat bag....
on my road bike, it goes in my saddle bag or my pannier depending on if I have a pannier with me or not.

Oh and if its my big dSLR then its the rack pack in its special waterproof bag that I modified for touring and it has travelled over 10,000 miles in that!

Can we see some photos of the bag please?

Can we see some photos of the bag please?
It's one of the exped range for canoeing. Exped cargo dry bag.

The grey one which I then padded out with some extra of that triangle foam padding. Takes my canon eos 5d mk ii with 25-105mm lens on and 70-200mm lens alongside. Then into the rack pack. All survived me crashing bike several times and numerous times I've dropped the bike!

exped_cargo_dryBag.jpg

F70100

Who, me ?
Just wondering what other people do.

I want to take my camera with me on the occasional more scenic rides.
It's too heavy for my bar bag and too big for the front pocket of my jacket. That leaves around my neck under my jacket or in the back zip pocket both of which feel wrong, but maybe I should actually try it. I know I could take a back pack for long rides.

What size camera are you talking about?

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm another who will just make do with my phone or if I take a proper camera I'll just take my compact. I never take my bigger cameras on my bike.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I'd have thought a bar bag would handle that no problem. The bag I've got (but haven't ever used :rolleyes: ) will take 3kg.

Thank you.
I should either upgrade my bar bag as the velcro is wearing out and I've replaced it once or leave behind some of the useful just- in-case stuff rubbish that it's currently full of. ( plasters, wipes, space blanket, hand warmers, snacks, tissues, spare lights, spare glasses) :unsure: Everything except the space blanket has been used at least once.

Top Bottom