How do you dance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I try not to dance, but might allow myself to get dragged into something like folk dancing or barn dancing where you get instructions....

EmGee DK

I am an excellent dancer in my own very humble opinion. But not according to any of my dancepartners... mostly they just stand there with the same look in their eyes as a deer caught in the headlight of a car... so I guess I am rubbish, but brave

friendlybike

I like dancing!!!!! I have to say, with the age, you become more the center of a bit of laughing... still I do enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, I have to say, I am told that I am quiete good at it as well.

I have no sense of rthymn or timing and I have 2 left feet therefore I try to avoid dancing:blush:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal intention...

Chuffy said:
Bits everywhere, people ducking for cover, small children laughing, full gurn.
It's not nice.....

Barring the bit about small children, I think BFTB has a point :tongue:

I love dancing. I fall into the wiggly, hips-have-a-mind-of-their-own category, with a bit of Indie-shufle thrown in for good measure. I'm almost at the age where people point and laugh though :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
although at our wedding we had a caliedh band, which was good fun. we'd never have subjected ourselves to the horror of a standard wedding disco, and being forced to dance first.

That's exactly what we did and for exactly that reason.

I won a prize at a primary school disco for being a good dancer :thumbsup:

Used to "rave" all night quite happily a few years back.

I'm crap now though :sad:. Too self conscious.

Went to see a Congolese band playing Cuban music locally last year - got asked to dance and she couldn't stop laughing at my ineptitude ;).

The night beforehand Shooglenifty were playing and that was much easier to dance to for me. Probably because it wasn't dancing - more jumping around with a bit of clapping thrown in for good measure :tongue:

jonesy

Guru
Melvil said:
As I have noticed at clubs / wedding discos etc that everyone has their own 'special' way - from the hardly-moving-at-all to what I like to call the Lee Evans Overdrive

So, what are your moves?

In my case, it is best avoided at all costs... ;)

Top Bottom