How do you define 'fit'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Humm, BP monitor faulty. Have you still got the receipt?
not faulty ^_^ - was tested alongside GP's when I ran into "issues*" last week and having just taken it by hand i got 52bpm after several coffees...

EDIT: when I had an ECG done last week, everything was fine but they commented that my pulse rate was very low most likely due to my fitness levels.

* issues were passing out because of diastolic BP being too low when stopping exercise.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Humm, BP monitor faulty. Have you still got the receipt?
I thought mine was faulty because it read 40 bpm every single morning; never 39, 41 or any other nearby number. Then I RTFM and discovered that the monitor couldn't read below 40 bpm! I replaced it and the new one showed, 34, 35, 34, 36, 33, 34 ...

ColinJ

goes off to check monitor...
hummm lowest is also 40bpm... don't think I will ever be that fit.
Women tend to have higher heart rates than men so you could be equally fit with a rate in the 40s.

I should really have worn a medical bracelet with my RHR on because I am sure that my pulse rate then would have worried paramedics dealing with an unconscious me post-accident.

Women tend to have higher heart rates than men so you could be equally fit with a rate in the 40s.

I should really have worn a medical bracelet with my RHR on because I am sure that my pulse rate then would have worried paramedics dealing with an unconscious me post-accident.
I don't leave the house without my medic alert bracelet. last thing I need is someone giving me NSAID's (non-steriodal anti-inflamtory drugs) if I am knocked off my bike - I'm allergic to them!

ColinJ

I don't leave the house without my medic alert bracelet. last thing I need is someone giving me NSAID's (non-steriodal anti-inflamtory drugs) if I am knocked off my bike - I'm allergic to them!
I now carry a Warfarin alert card with my details on, just in case. Unlike other anticoagulants, the action of Warfarin is quickly reversible in an emergency - a shot of vitamin k is all that is needed.

If I end up on the drug for life, I will get a bracelet engraved with the appropriate information.

sitting still for 5 mins (IIRC)

Ooh how exciting, 56 after a reasonable amount of caffiene - I'm I lot fitter than I realised, an athlete in fact! :whistle:

ColinJ

By "resting" do they mean standing still, sitting or laying down?
To get down to my 34 bpm, I had to lie in bed, perfectly still, clear my mind and breathe slowly and steadily. Sitting upright put it up to about 40 bpm. Starting to think about work quickly ramped it up to 150 bpm; seriously - 150 bpm! :eek:

It was then that I realised that the stress was going to kill me if I carried on with it. So I didn't ...

Top Bottom