How do you define 'fit'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I don't think fitness can be defined, for different people it means different things, it also depends on how you measure it and who you compare yourself with.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Regarding weight and climbing. I agree it's a big disadvantage but also believe that you can train yourself to be able to climb quite well, even if you are a cpl of stone overweight. I guess that's fitness, coming into play to trump donut abuse.
Just developing more power to compensate for the donut gut :smile:

buggi

Bird Saviour
my definition of fit is.... Steve Backshall :wub: Nom Nom

Attachments

• Steve 6.jpg
    Steve 6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
how do i define fit .

well one day it could mean being able to do loads and next day being able to do very little due to having done to much the day before !

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Regarding weight and climbing. I agree it's a big disadvantage but also believe that you can train yourself to be able to climb quite well, even if you are a cpl of stone overweight. I guess that's fitness, coming into play to trump donut abuse.

Indeed. I was doing some serious hill training this time last yeAr to get myself ready for Dell's LonJog. My Mid- April I was still a fatty but had become a much better climber.

Maz

Guru
Today I was playing football for 2 hours with a group of 16 year olds. Same age as my eldest.
I am 'kin knackered. I'll sleep well tonight, i tell ya.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
54bpm does me though below 50 is pretty good too.

Our workplace organised some health professionals to come in and do various tests if we wanted. The lady checking my fat self must have made presumptions because when she checked my heart rate it was really low. She thought machine was faulty and got another to verify. 56 bpm.

Top Bottom