how do you film your rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
It isn't the best way,fraught with all sorts of problems,it's hard enough to get a camera that is actually more suited to the job to work well.

Even the camera I have been using quite well for over a month or two flew off the bike today,but I believe it's ok due to the way it's built,it could take the impact.
yep it has problems but i'll just have make damn sure it dosent fall off!!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
thats very negative! we wont have any of that thanks :stop:
Maybe so... but my statement was true. You would be better off saving your money and buying a ContourROAM.

And I say this from experience of mounting various cameras in various positions and getting the best quality picture. Phone cameras are just not suited to the job.

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
Maybe so... but my statement was true. You would be better off saving your money and buying a ContourROAM.

And I say this from experience of mounting various cameras in various positions and getting the best quality picture. Phone cameras are just not suited to the job.
I don't doubt for a minute that it isn't ideal but even if I did desired to save up a few quid and get a camera I can make my phone work for the mean time. I still don't think the statement "wont work" is true as it implies that it will never work! and I believe it will maybe not to the best of quality but it will work.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I don't doubt for a minute that it isn't ideal but even if I did desired to save up a few quid and get a camera I can make my phone work for the mean time. I still don't think the statement "wont work" is true as it implies that it will never work! and I believe it will maybe not to the best of quality but it will work.
What do you hope to achieve from videoing your commute?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

Gaz knows his beanz on this topic so its worth buying his advice (however painful) rather than spending time and effort on a poor result that wont inspire you to continue.

That said I too have a family and cant justify spending money on "me" when it could be enjoyed by us all so I wouldnt reccomend buying a £400 GoPro either (even if I did).

Plenty of cheap cams are mountable and more than up to the job. I began filming on an original Veho Muvi (still have it someplace) and it was fine. I moved up to a go pro because I wanted to capture more broadcast quality stuff and expand a hobby of film making.

if you want to see the veho results (or results of a cheap cam) check out some earlier vids on my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/jonnygeez?feature=mhee

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
yep it has problems but i'll just have make damn sure it dosent fall off!!

That is a slightly one dimensional view of how a camera will work on a bike,especially for one which isn't really designed for use on a bike anyway...apart from water,weather problems,battery life,memory card,picture quality,fixing,bulkiness and convenience of how to fit on a bike.What phone is it anyway?

What JJ said,I used MUVI's but they had their own problems.I had a helmet cam but that wasn't that good either and it had it's own problems with the lead.I now have a new helmet cam but my present handlebar fitted camera works fine (even though it flew off at Aldgate yesterday).I haven't really found a brilliant cam yet which needs to take standard batteries as opposed to cameras which rely on an internal battery that wont last forever and will wear out,so battery life is less and less effective.

Still looking at guys other posts and what cams they use is interesting and worth me looking into.:smile:

Top Bottom