How Do You Get Overshoes On & Off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G2EWS

What a pain that was this morning!

Reckon it took me 10 minutes to get them on and 10 minutes to get them off enough to take my shoes off! If the pain in my fingers which may be arthritis plays up I won't have a chance!

Any tips or advice on how to do this please? I cannot believe it is supposed to be this difficult.

Best regards

Chris

400bhp

Guru
talcum powder on the inside of the overshoes might help

400bhp

Guru
Not easy to describe, but scrunch them up at the toe, then get them taut on the shoe bit by bit until they are fully on.

They will stretch over time, so after several rides should loosen up.

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

Hmm, that is interesting as I ordered Large 44 - 46, but in the overshoe it says XL 42 - 44!

Shoe size is 45.

Confused!

Regards

Chris

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
If your shoe size is 45, I think I would get something in the 46-48 range. This is one item I never buy online - I go to the cycle shop, with my shoes, and try them. It's amazing how much difference there can be from one manufacturer to the other.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
PS - just noticed where you live. I'm from Melksham originally!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The Potsy approach here, put overshoes on first, up the leg, then once the shoes are on they pull down over the shoes. Getting them off a similar approach - undo the zip and strap, lift up the leg & take them off once the shoes are off.

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

The Potsy approach here, put overshoes on first, up the leg, then once the shoes are on they pull down over the shoes. Getting them off a similar approach - undo the zip and strap, lift up the leg & take them off once the shoes are off.

That sounds like a seriously better over shoe than I have!

Mine only have a zip down the back so could not go 'up the leg' anyway!

Seems I may have bought the wrong ones!

Regards

Chris

musa

Über Member
not all have the velcro strap both my overshoes are pull over with cutouts for heel and cleat like enduras one

to the op, wrong size is most likely why its tight

Top Bottom