How do you keep your head warm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
I was recently having a discussion about riding through the winter and was told that you need to keep your hands, feet and head warm and then riding through the winter will be a lot easier.
I now have my feet and hands warm, the question is how do I keep my head warm because I know that I cannot get a bobble type hat under my helmet.
Your experiences on what to wear under my helmet will be greatly received?
Stephen

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Skull Cap?

potsy

Rambler
Skull cap under the helmet, or a woolly hat if you don't wear a lid.
This combined with a buff around the neck is my winter routine :thumbsup:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bandana, cycle cap, buff, thick cycle cap, thick cycle cap with ear flaps, thick cycle cap with ear flaps and a buff over my face, thick cycle cap with ear flaps and a thick buff over my face. a train.

As the temperature drops....

... but each in turn not all at once.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've got a buff (folded into a skull cap) on to save putting the heating on in my house . (The bald patch on my head is the first part to feel the cold!)

I prefer wearing a buff round my neck on cold rides to keep out chilly draughts. I found a new Gore skull cap my size when out on a walk and that is excellent on cold rides, especially if it rains.

aberal

Guru
Altura skull cap which I got as a freebie from Cycling Plus. Thought was a tad naff when I first got it, now never off my head during the winter. Fits nicely under the helmet too.

Cyclist33

Just bought a slim skull cap in black for just such purpose, for £1.49 from Aldi. It's good; a real bargain.

I would also add "knees" to your list.

Cyclist33

I've got a buff (folded into a skull cap) on to save putting the heating on in my house . (The bald patch on my head is the first part to feel the cold!)

I prefer wearing a buff round my neck on cold rides to keep out chilly draughts. I found a new Gore skull cap my size when out on a walk and that is excellent on cold rides, especially if it rains.

Lucky sod!

darth vadar

Über Member
There is always a cycling balaclava which fits nicely under the helmet.

"Stop that sniggering at the back Vadar" !!!

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
I have a Ron hill running skull cap thing I bought from go outdoors. Fits nicely under a helmet. Remember to keep your neck warm too. Loose a lot of heat there if not correctly insulated

Top Bottom