How do you keep your temper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Moodyman said:
Thanks for the correction hackbike.

Not directed at you but you know what I mean.

I was cut up yesterday by a driver on a mobile phone then met a van coming the other way where the driver was on a mobile while he was trying to write something down...then followed a cyclist up to High Holborn who was doing the same.

Unfortunately I lost the bit of film because I switched the MUVI off wrongly again.

Zippy

I had a similar experience on a long downhill, so possibly trundling away at about 40mph (on a 50mph road). Car cuts me up, I come out with F's and B's only to realise the rear window was open with two young children on the rear seat looking very scared.

The driver (their mother?) opened up to the outside lane, presumably to allow me to draw alongsideon the inside lane so she could have words. As I drew alongside she sped up in front, cut me up and braked hard to about 25mph causing me to brake so hard the rear wheel started to fishtail.

She did this twice more before speeding off to a roundabout, leaving me shaken but wiser. A mother protecting her young?

Cyclist road rage can end up with the driver's car all dented with the impact and a dead cyclist in the gutter. When drivers see red most will draw the line at nothing to make their point including manslaughter.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
To a fault Im far too chilled out, there are many times when a bit of controlled aggression would have actually helped but I stayed chilled !

Armegatron

Had a guy overtake and his passenger shouted something out the window in a feable attempt to scare me. The overtake itself was ok, but no need to be an idiot really.

So, I give it legs and catch up with him. I ask him to wind the window down and said "Are you going to apologise?",
Him: "What for?"
Me: "Shouting out the window"
Him: "Who shouted?"
Me: "Either you or her <passenger>"
Him: "No, its loud music" .. turns music up and dances like an idiot
Me: "Its on camera, and its got a microphone - the shout is very clear"
Him: "A camera! Do I care? does the MG infront care? Do you have lights on your bike? You can get a fine for that"
I lost my temper at this point and let loose xx(
Me: "Its f**king daylight you d**khead - I dont f**king need lights"
Him: "Haaa, you called me a d**khead and its on camera"
Me: "I dont give a s**t, your a d**khead and thats a fact </Jeremy Kyle>"

All the way through he found it funny, and was taking the p*ss to be honest. This really touched a nerve and hey ho, its a learning curve. Next time Ill just p*ss through his window :ohmy:...:biggrin: (joke):biggrin:

Top Bottom