How do you preapre for a 213 mile ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 400k on Saturday 9th is prepped; bike checked and tested.

Kit bag ready except for clothing, which will depend upon the weather forecast.

I'll be commuting Tues-Thurs and taking it easier on Friday.
Yes, and you have a 27 hour time limit on that, not a 14 hour one.

Assuming a proper stop for lunch, and the usual faffing (getting started, buying tickets at the end etc etc), I'd say that's going to be 12 hours at 18mph. That's a lot. I'm also doing a 400k on the weekend, I'll be averaging about half that.

Preparation - check everything on your bike. Test all the bolts are tight, brake pads are in good shape. If the tyres aren't new, consider replacing them and putting the current ones in the shed for later.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Bike all prepared, put the ksyrium wheels back on, i think it could be a bit to windy for the carbone wheels, new tyres fitted, everything lubed and tightened, new batteries in the lights just in case, have taken it easy all week, but will do a couple of turbo sessions today and tomorrow, rest Friday, Feeling positive, although not to happy about the weather forecast. Just got to decide what to wear, although not a big problem as my wife will be in the support vehicle, so i can get her to take a few bits of clothing with her. Roll on 5-30 Saturday morning.:wacko:

Top Bottom