How does a girl pee in bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Butty1972

Some companies have begun producing halter-top bib shorts for women, easier to remove apparently, for when nature calls.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
@User the next question has to where would you store it whilst riding ??

has @Fnaar not seen this thread , sure he will have some good advice
A aero helmet could double up as one . When your done just pop it back on your head ^_^

MissyR

It's a faff!! Nothing more disconcerting than sitting in a public loo with just your bra on after having to strip your jacket off, jersey off and finally the straps of the bibs off........ and by this point your dancing!

zacklaws

Guru
I often smile about this, but I once ran an half marathon and went round with one of the girls, at the end she said to me, "do you remember when I said it was a bit hot and tipped that bottle of water over my head", I said "Yes", she said, "the real reason was, I was busting for a pee and there was no where to go".

Maybe theirs a moral in the story.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've never had an issue with waist shorts, and I'm not exactly trim round the midriff. I go for good quality brands that have a softer waist band and are snug but comfortable. And bib shorts just look horrific on me, I have tried a couple of pairs on in the past
I did have comfort problems with non-bibs. Maybe a softer waist band would have done the trick for me too if I had shopped around? I am used to bibs now so I will stick to them, except when wearing my Endura Humvee baggies. They are pretty heavy duty and have liner shorts so they are very warm on sunny days, but cosy on cooler days, and would solve the OP's peeing problem!

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the women's shorts seem to come with a wider softer waistband, especially the better ones from gore and sportful. I expect cheapies less so

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bib shorts here. It's a similar issue for blokes but you need to be careful with the elastic. :blush:

Full skin suits are a pain as you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll need the loo just before a time trial.

Make sure you're wearing dark colours. Let a bit out, let it dry, let a bit out, let it dry, continue until done, it doesn't work if you need a shyte though.

Debade

Über Member
Wife and daughter use this http://www.thepstyle.com/ Easily fits in saddle bag

I did wonder how we would get around this when my better half [dr_pink on here] raced the National 12 hr time trial. She wears shorts not bibs for this very reason, and 8hrs into the ride stopped at a convenient place I found, however, and no names, one of the women used an incontinence pad which when used was chucked to her husband :smile:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's a faff!! Nothing more disconcerting than sitting in a public loo with just your bra on after having to strip your jacket off, jersey off and finally the straps of the bibs off........ and by this point your dancing!
That's my issue. I remember learning to ski in salopettes and the drama of having to take EVERYTHING off to pee!

Cannot see those devices without recalling a conversation with a car passenger

We were travelling up to the lakes and she produced one of these with the announcement that she was now able to pee whilst driving, so no longer needed loo stops.

Top Bottom