How does a girl pee in bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So lots of women here seem to wear bib shorts under their jerseys. So how on earth do they go to the loo? Do you have to take everything off (like wearing old fashioned salopettes?) or is there some magical device??

buggi

Bird Saviour
Yep you have to take them off although if you want to spend the money I think the Asos ones unclip. I wear shorts.

The title implies a question, to which the answer is, just go ahead and pee in bib shorts, but that would make them uncomfortable for riding further :smile:
I'm not a girl, but this is the thing that makes me choose just shorts, without the bib, and I don't pee in them... :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It doesn't take that long and the benefits of wearing bibs far outweighs the inconvenience. I've tried various "clip" ones and found them more of a faff than the normal ones though I'm tempted to try the new dhb halterneck bibs. Priority for me, however, is comfort on the saddle.

Sharky

Guru
For a different reason, I have been using shorts and waist bottoms, but with good old fashioned clip on braces. A few years ago I managed to break collar bones on both shoulders and found my bib shorts very uncomfortable to wear. Braces however are adjustable and easy to find the right tension.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
What are the advantages of bib shorts over waist shorts, regardless of peeing?
I find that the waistband of shorts digs in and becomes uncomfortable on long rides, especially on my bikes with drops as opposed to the upright. Bibs also prevent the shorts from slipping down (horrible memories of not being quite fast enough to overtake one bloke on a hill but not wanting to stop either. The tarmac was very interesting that day...) and I find that they give you more room for expansion, either from cake (!!) or because you can't find a hedge to pop behind (or it's too bloomin cold) and you've got at least 15 miles to the next loo with walls and a roof.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 3753322, member: 45"]One of those sheewee things?[/QUOTE]
@User the next question has to where would you store it whilst riding ??

has @Fnaar not seen this thread , sure he will have some good advice

vickster

Legendary Member
I've never had an issue with waist shorts, and I'm not exactly trim round the midriff. I go for good quality brands that have a softer waist band and are snug but comfortable. And bib shorts just look horrific on me, I have tried a couple of pairs on in the past

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've never had an issue with waist shorts, and I'm not exactly trim round the midriff. I go for good quality brands that have a softer waist band and are snug but comfortable. And bib shorts just look horrific on me, I have tried a couple of pairs on in the past
Horses for courses :thumbsup:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
What are the advantages of bib shorts over waist shorts, regardless of peeing?
For me, it's simple vanity. If I wear shorts, my 'spare tyre' sort of spills a bit over the top (I'm not huge, but I'm not a svelte as I used to be :smile: )(apologies for anyone eating while reading) whereas bib shorts keep it all in better :okay:

Top Bottom