How does your pet react when a storm is coming?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Yesterday, Molly ( our dog), never left my side and sat on my knees every time I was sitting down. She was pressing her side against me and looking up at me to stroke her. I know she is a very affectionate dog but she was a bit OTT . Then my wife guessed there was a storm coming which explained Molly's behaviour. The storm never came in the end but the dog could sense it nevertheless and needed reassuring.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yesterday, Molly ( our dog), never left my side and sat on my knees every time I was sitting down. She was pressing her side against me and looking up at me to stroke her. I know she is a very affectionate dog but she was a bit OTT . Then my wife guessed there was a storm coming which explained Molly's behaviour. The storm never came in the end but the dog could sense it nevertheless and needed reassuring.
I no longer have a dog, but I notice my Molly (Siamese cat) who is bonkers at the best of times, is even more skittish and belts around the house on a windy day. I think the weather definitely affects them.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
No reaction at all from Clarrie II...

8.jpg

He/she (not sure!) only reacts when being fed

7.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My Border collie can sense when a storm is coming. She will get very restless and sit by me, and then go out in the garden, and then back again, time and time again. If we are out and caught in a storm it doesn't bother her at all. When she is indoors she worries quite a lot.

gbb

Legendary Member
I wonder if dogs soak up emotions around them. I always took my kids and grandkids to the windows during storms and deliberately oooh and aaaah'd at the lightning, show them you're not scared. My dog doesnt even flinch during storms or even fireworks night , none of them have.

Mine puts his sou' wester on and lashes his bed down.

Grabs lead and umbrella in mouth.

No really our minature daschund hated storms and would hide under the setee. Same on Nov 5th

Levo-Lon

Guru
My Border terrier never bothered, but then as a pup i used to walk her in all weathers.
Fireworks especially, never bothered

The old black and tan rescue literally shook herself to death, terrified, poor thing was a mess.

Top Bottom